1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wardrobing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by String, Sep 18, 2019.

1. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Last one I bought was in a sealed pack. Long time ago, though.

Yes, and there's a reason you can return other clothing :D

Although you can return swimwear.

2. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. builder22

Mobster

Ok....I was right first time, you’re on a wind up :p

4. Fubsy

Sgarrista

This is a much better idea than blacklisting customers based on return levels. As you said, sizing is so inconsistent across brands that ordering a set of sizes to try is almost a necessity and a vital component sometimes to whether I actually order or just not bother.

5. String

Capodecina

Yes, it's a good shout as it keeps everyone happy (except the freeloaders :)).

6. dowie

Caporegime

I’m sure the more determined will get around tags etc...

You don’t really need it, you can just ban the abusers.

7. Fubsy

Sgarrista

How would you differentiate between abusers and those that want to try multiple sizes or to check the fit before deciding to keep or return?

8. dowie

Caporegime

By looking at the data, see who actually buys the stuff!

If you're intent on saving money by simply buying, wearing and then sending back then you're going to have a bit of a different pattern to someone who buys a few and then keeps the one that fits or buys a handful of things but returns one or two of them etc..

Of course there is still some uncertainty - you might have say a regular paying customer who does it once for some fancy event or something and you're going to have to have some tolerance for that.

9. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

10. dowie

Caporegime

Neither, you’d be a bit of a weirdo that’s costing them money and they might well want to ban too.

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

No - but it has kind of lead to a situation where I have almost a wardrobe full of clothing that I've worn maybe once or for short term reasons or in some cases not even taken out the packing - I guess at least the charity shops benefit every once in awhile when I have a clear out.

Pretty scummy behaviour the way all too many people approach it though IMO - I give a certain amount of leeway because so many places are inconsistent in sizes and colour, etc. but only a little.

Thread reminds me once when I was in a shop and someone in front of me was returning a suitcase because they'd bought it, taken it home and opened it up to find several pairs of soiled underwear, discarded medicines and other stuff someone had obviously been on holiday, left their **** in it and taken it back for a refund after their holiday and it had been resold. Unbelievable how scummy some people are.

12. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

Massive tags are the answer

13. djcj

Wise Guy

I was recently in a branch of next when a guy was trying to return a suit. I overheard the shop assistant at the till refusing to accept the return as the suit jacket literally had food and drink stains all down the front of it. The guy was claiming he had never worn it. The shop assistant stood firm and after throwing a little strop, the guy left.

Genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing and didn't realise this kind of thing was so prevalent.

14. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

15. viathinair

Wise Guy

I exclusively do it with speedos, ones that are a few sizes too small so they really hug my arse crack. My crack is fickle tho, so I'll often quickly get bored within an hour or so, except that one time I found the most heavenly pair that I wore for 3+ months straight - I never even thought to return those, and finally I simply couldn't resist the temptation to cook them in a Yorkshire pudding that turned out flatter than my arse.