Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Soldato
Yeah it feels like it still has some ways to go before it feels right. It's fun if you really love 40k, but for anyone else it's just going to feel like an unfinished game

Soldato
From the 3 hours steam says i have played i would say no. just doesnt feel all that great to play. It doesnt even play as good as spacemarine in multiplayer.

Maybe with more time but with the release so close they are not going to change the fundementals of the game now and its really these that feel wrong

Another GW game flops, no shock :p

Soldato
Another GW game flops, no shock :p

In fairness the GW inspired games have been on a bit of a roll recently, a dud was really overdue :p

Notable releases that seem to have been well received recently:

• Total War: Warhammer - please release a 40k version PLEASE!
  • Vermintide
  • Battlefleet Gothic
  • Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon

With Dawn of War 3 and Space Hulk shaping up nicely it seems people have got their act together when using the Warhammer IP

Edit: Just had a look over at Steam store and there are a lot more releases than I thought :eek: - on another side note, if we could also get XCOM: 40k that would be great.

Last edited:
Caporegime
From the 3 hours steam says i have played i would say no. just doesnt feel all that great to play. It doesnt even play as good as spacemarine in multiplayer.

Maybe with more time but with the release so close they are not going to change the fundementals of the game now and its really these that feel wrong

It looked like a turkey in every single video I saw.

Just imagine if someone actually put the effort into an epic MMO FPS with infantry and vehicle gameplay as accessible and joyous as Halo was, as open feeling as Planetside 2, except of course with the scale and brutality of 40k thrown into the mix.... it would be AMAZING.

Soldato
In fairness the GW inspired games have been on a bit of a roll recently, a dud was really overdue :p

Notable releases that seem to have been well received recently:

• Total War: Warhammer - please release a 40k version PLEASE!
  • Vermintide
  • Battlefleet Gothic
  • Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon

With Dawn of War 3 and Space Hulk shaping up nicely it seems people have got their act together when using the Warhammer IP

Edit: Just had a look over at Steam store and there are a lot more releases than I thought :eek: - on another side note, if we could also get XCOM: 40k that would be great.

Deathwatch might suit you

It looked like a turkey in every single video I saw.

Just imagine if someone actually put the effort into an epic MMO FPS with infantry and vehicle gameplay as accessible and joyous as Halo was, as open feeling as Planetside 2, except of course with the scale and brutality of 40k thrown into the mix.... it would be AMAZING.

Imagine titans roaming a massive open world supported by skitarii and space marines

Caporegime
Deathwatch might suit you

Imagine titans roaming a massive open world supported by skitarii and space marines

Hmm actually the Star Wars Battlefield engine (with re-programming to get rid of the more sucky features) would translate well to that... you could have Walker-esque modes with the titans on pre-planned routes and everyone fighting around them in land and air vehicles. Add in 40 vs 40 and the right graphical and unit/races feel and it would make for a good game methinks.

Soldato
Hmm actually the Star Wars Battlefield engine (with re-programming to get rid of the more sucky features) would translate well to that... you could have Walker-esque modes with the titans on pre-planned routes and everyone fighting around them in land and air vehicles. Add in 40 vs 40 and the right graphical and unit/races feel and it would make for a good game methinks.

I think that would be wonderful.

That said, I think 40k really shines when you are playing pve against swarms of nids or orks and tearing through them like in space marine. It's easier to get right.

Associate
So this appears to have gone FTP and is now out on general release on steam - anyone stuck by it enough to know if it's worth a punt? I'm planning to give it a go tomorrow, but I figure someone might already have tips.

Soldato
I spotted this today as well, If I wasn't playing BAttlegrounds I would have given it a try.
I have one steam friend who still stands by the game but he is a serious minority. guess I have no excuse not to try it now.

Associate
Had a quick blast. Not for me. The 40k-ness that would be a draw is hindered by some horrible textures, even on max graphics. The eldar are cartoonishly block coloured, in particular.

I'm sure there's a good game in there, but with so much else in my library I don't think I've got the time to sink in to find it.

Back
Top Bottom