warranty advice needed on a nokia lumia 800.

Associate
I brought a Nokia lumia 800 from 02 6 months ago. Worked great at first loved the phone. Since then it has developed a fault with the headphone jack. Iv tried 4 different sets of headphones but still get the same issue.

I need to put my headphones in, in a certain way so I can hear my music at an expectable level. If I dont put it in the right place the music is very low & at times at a level I can barely hear even tho the phone is on full. An this can be a pain in the ass at times if im listening to music & the phone is in my pocket. I move around a lot the headphones moves a tiny bit the problem is there :(

Iv done what the nokia website tells you to do & go the nokia service centre. Which iv done TWICE, an each time they have sent the phone back to nokia to fix the problem. But the problem is still there :(.

Yes iv tested my headphone in other devices & they work ok

Now im at a loss what to do. Try my luck with 02? But the service centre said phone shops would normally just send it back to nokia as well but take longer than what they would do.

I do still have the receipt for it, is it with in my right's after 6 months to ask for a refund from 02?

Any advice would be really grateful

Thanks

Associate
Yes, of course you can. But getting satisfaction is another matter.

I'd be tempted to go back to Nokia direct and tell them the fault persists and give them one last chance to fix it. Three attempts is more than enough. If it's not sorted, then say you'll be demanding a new replacement.

You could try O2, but you've already left them out of the loop by going direct to the manufacturer.

You're well within your rights to ask for a replacement or refund, but it's up to the retailer whether they want to repair, replace or refund. You'd have to put a pretty good case forward to persuade them to replace/refund. But it is possible, eg say you've given Nokia 2 chances already and you've had enough.

You're contract is with the seller, not the manufacturer. Although, as you've said, sometimes it's quicker/easier to bypass them.

Last edited:
Associate
I work for O2 and im afraid you wont get a refund/replacement. at least not straight away in any case.

You could always try O2 as we send our phones to a company called Anovo who repair the handsets and they are usually pretty good.

The phone has to be sent away three times to Anovo from the same store before a replacement can be considered (you will not get a refund sadly) if it sent away a third time and there is still no joy we can do something called an escalation form where we can request O2 to send a new handset.

They base this side of things purely on specs (camera and memory mainly)and not the price of the handset. I had one customer have a really rubbish £50 huawei who instead got a Galaxy Ace 2 back because the camera and memory were the same.

Saying all there there are many times as well where if the repair agent cant fix this issue they will just replace the handset like for like. A good example is Blackberry, any Blackberry that gets sent away gets imediatly replaced for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom