Warwicknet Domestic Broadband

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm just looking for opinions about Warwicknet Broadband.
We live in leafy NW Leicestershire and at the moment we get a mighty 1.4Mb download and 0.3Mb
upload using BT. There are presently no plans to expand BT FTTC to our area.

However there is an industrial estate near us served by warwicknet FTTC & FTTP.
We have been offered 40Mb download and 10Mb upload, 500Gb per month limit for £50 inc vat per month
£100 setup fee.

Can anybody see a downside that i'm missing

Mick

Caporegime
Monthly is a bit steep and as above 500GB isn't beyond the realms of hitting the cap, but you'd need to be pretty heavy downloaders to hit it. if you're relatively normal users then I'd say it'll be worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the input guys.
When you say "fair amount of regular streaming" what do you mean? youtube? or steam?
my lad get an hours gaming per day and he plays games on steam.

Associate
Based on the kind of activity your current bandwidth is likely to support I doubt you fall into what anyone would consider a heavy user.

Unless you plan to start streaming several hours of video every day, iPlayer, Sky, Youtube etc then 500GB per month will be more than enough.

Man of Honour
Unless you are sharing with a lot of people or just leave torrents going 24x7 500GB shouldn't be an issue - my personal use is between 80-300GB a month depending on game and TV show releases and sharing the connection with several other fairly heavy users I think we've only exceeded 500GB once in the last 12 months (and we probably could have avoided that by not downloading doom individually :s).

Back
Top Bottom