Watch out - Thunder bug alert!

Associate
It's hot and there is a good possibility of lightning later on or you may already have it, if like me, you have your windows wide open, you may start to see small dots crawling across your monitor, if that's where they stay, then all's well, but as many of you know all to well, these little critters have a horrible habit of getting inside your monitor!.

Anyone else seen any tonight?

And is shutting the window the best solution?

Soldato
Had one crawling around over the weekend and now just spotted where it die, just left of centre screen.

Edit:
A quick look at screen and can see 4 corpses in various sections. Might be more, but 4 are readily noticeable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had one crawling around over the weekend and now just spotted where it die, just left of centre screen.

Edit:
A quick look at screen and can see 4 corpses in various sections. Might be more, but 4 are readily noticeable.

Gently tap the screen they should fall down as they shrink when they dry out.

Had a dozen in my hazro but gentle taps and they fall down. DONT SQUASH AS THEY WILL STICK

Associate
This happended to me all the time when I lived at my parents in a more rural location, used to get 2-3 in my monitors every year.

One year I was so hacked off that they had got into a brand new LG monitor I actually called LG and told them I had a spot of black dead pixels which had appeared overnight. They replaced it FoC with an identical monitor.

Soldato
I used to get these a lot when I used to live in a rural village.

They were everywhere, I ended up trying to seal the edges of the monitor, problem is you can't do that to the vents at the top or back which is probably where they were getting in anyway :(

Back
Top Bottom