Watching TV on a Monitor - No PC

• Thread starter Deleted member 11679
  • Start date

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Is there a cheap and easy way to watch Televsion on a PC Monitor? For instance a TFT display.

I have looked around and there appears to be some seperate standalone TV tuners however is it possible to get a freeview box or the like which will have a standard Monitor out connection?

Any advice or direction would be great,

Tom

Associate
There are boxes that will claim to output TV to VGA however the 2-3 i have tried under the £100 mark have been completely crap.

I'f you want a decent picture + resolution i imagine its going to cost quite a bit.

In the end i settled with a crappy PC plus a nice USB DVB tuner, awesome quality :)

Soldato
There's probably some freeview boxes out there with s-video output or you could use a scart->s-video adaptor. The Dells have s-video input, probably a few others too. You'd need the soundbar too.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

OP
Ok, so would the best option be to find a tft monitor which will accept s-video input? I am not to fussed on exceptional TV quality as I just need a cheap Freeview box to hook up to the Monitor. The main reason for purchasing the monitor is to hook an xbox to it for HD style gaming.

Back
Top Bottom