Water Block Damage

Associate
Good evening :)

So I recently replaced my two 980's with a 1080ti which is awesome. Selling the two 980s is supposed to be funding part of the new card purchase... However once removed and seen in the light of day both card water blocks have what I think is corrosion on them see pic
ZItl9BB.jpg
I still have the original air coolers so am wondering if they would be better put back on air as I don't want to end up with ebay issues selling them like that. What do you guys think? Is the corrosion that bad? Would it clean up? Why is nothing PC related ever straight forward!!! :p Thanks in advance.

Soldato
If you sell them on Ebay just take so pics and say it has that in the description, say you are including the stock coolers too and shoudn't have any issues unless you get a retard buying it off you. Not sure why you'd sell on Ebay when you have access here considering you'll be paying listing fees along with Paypal fees.

Associate
OP
If you sell them on Ebay just take so pics and say it has that in the description, say you are including the stock coolers too and shoudn't have any issues unless you get a retard buying it off you. Not sure why you'd sell on Ebay when you have access here considering you'll be paying listing fees along with Paypal fees.
Don't have access to MM yet even though I've been here since 2010 ha ha. I dont have time to post enough it would appear!!

Man of Honour
I agree with the others in that it looks like residue. Strip the block down and use a toothbrush to clean it. If it's being stubborn then Cillit Bang Lime and Grime is excellent for cleaning waterblocks. I use it all the time and it's removed every bit of gunk/residue I have found so far.

Soldato
I agree with the others in that it looks like residue. Strip the block down and use a toothbrush to clean it. If it's being stubborn then Cillit Bang Lime and Grime is excellent for cleaning waterblocks. I use it all the time and it's removed every bit of gunk/residue I have found so far.
Wouldn't using chemicals weaken the acrylic? If it was me I'd consider vinegar with distilled water first.

Back
Top Bottom