Water cooler noise

Associate
Hey all,

I've had the Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 since July 2018 and over the past few months its started rattling intermittently (maybe several times a day), I thought something was catching on a case fan as it sounded like that. Also occasionally a louder fan sound.

So far I've put the case on its side for a while to see if that sorts out any air bubbles, but does anyone have other recommendations on what to do?

This is my first water cooler so don't have much experience with them but it appears I can open up the tubes on this one - are you expected to replace the fluid after a couple of years?

Associate
listen carefully (I say carefully because most of the time it’s not what you think it is. Rattles travel though the case) try to pin point the rattle when you think you found it gently push on it, if it stops you have found it.
Could be your pump mounts need nipping up, radiators, hdds, case panels, power switch etc

Obviously don’t touch live parts.
Aio coolers are maintenance free

Soldato
Speaking of case panels, which case do you have? Some cases have specific rattling issues which can be remedied, like the Corsair 540 Air.

Associate
OP
I've got this Lian Li case which I thought was pretty rattly until it turned into more of a failing fan noise, but after listening in it was definitely coming from the cooler.

Since putting it on its side for half an hour I haven't noticed more noises, so if there is air in the cooler - is there something I need to do? The tubes look like they can come apart but are you expected to do something to expel air or top up the liquid?

Back
Top Bottom