Water Cooling for Akasa Eclipse 62

Associate
Hi
I recently bought Alphacool Cool Answer III Compact and had to return it because it wouldn't fit into my case properly. :(
I need an advice on what I should get so it fits into my Eclipse 62.
I can got for a kit or separate components doesn't matter really as I can assemble it myself, don't want anything too expensive, just want something to keep my overclocked E6600 cool :p

thanks in advance

Caporegime
My First go at H20!
PICT0569.jpg

Mounted the pump at the side of the Akasa Eclipse it was a perfect fit.Also the wheel holes lined up perfectly with the pump holes so I just used a longer screw to bolt the pump to the case....No drilling.

The res is mounted on the side of the CD rom bays high up ...again a great fit.

PICT0570.jpg

Cut out the honeycomb at the bottom for one tube and secured with rubber washer for a nice fit and to protect the tubing.

PICT0568.jpg

Also I just cut the PCI slot away keeping the screw hole in place just in case i need to install a card.

PICT0572.jpg

Side view with everything in place

Have know upgraded but have still got the loop. :D

Associate
OP
Just got the same kit... in the installation guide they suggest that the radiator should be fit so the water intake is on the top for better purging of the radioator itself.. I can't really see any reason for that especially if intake and outtake are on the same side...

How long did you have that loop for and did you have any problems with your radiator fit that way at all ?

cheers

Caporegime
socreative said:
Just got the same kit... in the installation guide they suggest that the radiator should be fit so the water intake is on the top for better purging of the radioator itself.. I can't really see any reason for that especially if intake and outtake are on the same side...

How long did you have that loop for and did you have any problems with your radiator fit that way at all ?

cheers
Still got the loop mate and its cooling nicely.Heres a pic of the loop cooling a 6400 C2D clocked to 3.7ghz Nice and cool :D

Yup :D

64003.jpg

6400 @3.7ghz

No problems with the radiatior fitted that way mate.At all

Associate
OP
wicked! I fitted the cooling kit yesterday! Haven't oveclocked it much yet.. my e6600 runs at 2.7 with 28C temp on the cores.
I wanted to ask you about the mode you run your pump at easyrider. By default it's set to 2, I haven't changed it to anything yet.. should i ?

one more thing.. because the cpu fan is diconnected the bios shows me an error message every time the machine boots saying "CPU fan error" is there a way to disable it ?

Soldato
Because of lack of space on my desk (shared with the wifes pc!) I had to mount my radbox on the top of the Eclipse. Looks a bit weird but it works very well.

Caporegime
socreative said:
I wanted to ask you about the mode you run your pump at easyrider. By default it's set to 2, I haven't changed it to anything yet.. should i ?

one more thing.. because the cpu fan is diconnected the bios shows me an error message every time the machine boots saying "CPU fan error" is there a way to disable it ?

Lowest setting :)

Disable CPU Fan monitor reporting error reporting in bios

Soldato
Mine is similar in layout to Easyriders, except I have cut a whole in the top of my case, put a grill there and mounted the rad on the inside blowing air out.

Soldato
Just out of interest, where did you get that grill from for your Eclipse? I bought one but the screw holes don't line up to the fans on my PA120.2. Just kinda got it wedged up in there at the moment! :)

Nevermind actually, just did a quick Google and found loads!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom