Water cooling pump feed configure

Associate
Am looking to change my watercooling set up next week and was wondering if i can run the in line ontop of the res instead of at the bottom..
This is the res/pump ive got.
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £144.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

If not would this work?
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £183.67 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
What do you mean by inline? If you mean the return path for liquid, that should be fine. Although you may end up with more turbulence/flow noise.

It's always recommended to feed the pump's input directly from a reservoir, if that's what you're asking.

Don
The problem with using the top connection as the inlet to the reservoir is that when the pump is off air will displace the water in the tubing above the reservoir and also with the pump running you’ll get a waterfall effect creating noise. Both these issues result in bubbling of the water again through the loop.

It can be dealt with though if you are able to fit a dip tube in the inside of reservoir connecting the top port to below the water service.

Soldato
The problem with using the top connection as the inlet to the reservoir is that when the pump is off air will displace the water in the tubing above the reservoir and also with the pump running you’ll get a waterfall effect creating noise. Both these issues result in bubbling of the water again through the loop.

It can be dealt with though if you are able to fit a dip tube in the inside of reservoir connecting the top port to below the water service.
This is correct - my reservoir for instance has a tube from the cap inlet down 1/3 of the depth of the res. The problem is, it has small holes to disperse the water and I found I wasn't able to fill the reservoir by pouring water in there. The holes were too small and surface tension prevented water from flowing through them, down into the res. I squirted about 100ml out the cap of my reservoir!

So my advice is, plan well how you will fill your reservoir if the top port is attached to your loop permanently.

Soldato

I have been running this loop now for maybe 3 years with exactly the setup the OP suggests.
I have been having none of the issues you expect.

No water siphoning out of the reservoir inlet, no bubbling, no noises... It just works :)

Back
Top Bottom