Water Cooling shuttle SN45g?

Associate
Been thinking about this for a while and have now decided to look into it properly.

So, what would people recommend and are there any issues I should be aware of?
Currently running a barton 3200, 2 x 512mb ram and ATI Radeon x800 pro.

Associate
I'm unfamiliar with the SN45G but it should be possible to watercool it, if you do a Google there are a fair few watercooled Shuttles about.

I'm just embarking on watercooling my SD37P2 and it isn't easy. Finding parts that fit inside is a bit of a nightmare. I suppose it depends wheter you want a fully internal watercooling system or whether you're happy with the rad on the outside. I'm gonna watercool the CPU, Northbridge and the 2 XTX cards so I'll probably end up with the rad on the outside but I'm going to try for fully internal watercooling.

Do you have any ideas yet or just mulling it over?

In the next week or so I'll try to get some piccies posted of progress on the SD37P2, waiting for parts at the moment.

Associate
OP
Im not too concerned about the rad etc being inside so room should be just about sufficient.
Initially Im only concerned about cooling the cpu and gfx. If it goes well then I will consider cooling other components.
Have to find some parts yet :)

Associate
Size wise I have a Laing DDC-1T Pro pump on the way, they are quite compact and powerful, also a Alphacool Mini Shuttle Reservoir which is small as well. Google 'em see what you think. I'm going to try to make room for the reservoir at the top of my case with the pump underneath the floppy cage, but the internal design of yours is different.

You may be able to get some bargains for the CPU and GFX blocks, since they are not the latest cards, once again try a Google, I have seen some clearance stock about.

EDIT: You could also research kits, there's a thread on kits in the cooling forum:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17695422

Last edited:
Associate
Having the rad inside on a shuttle? thats crazy... it would really heat it up inside... the point is taking the heat out of the case, having the rad inside would just put it back in lol.
Make sure u have enough room for the gfx block, cos the sn45g have little room between the case and agp slot unless you're planning to mod the case as well.
I think having an pre-built external unit is the easiest option, but it depends how far u wanna go in customising it.

Associate
That's understandable.:)

I'm having a hard time with mine, although as with fiShBoNes suggestion I've mounted a 2x120 radiator on the side of the case, looks a bit industrial but should keep the temps down nicely.

Associate
OP
All I need really to get her back up and running is a gfx card, so might invest in a cheapo one and have a spare pc then look back at water cooling it on the cheap.

Associate
i watercooled my shuttle with 1/2 fittings 6800 DD block and a tdx on the cpu with a nova heater core and pond pump, cost me 100 including the tubing ect.

there is a thread somewere in this bit about it I try and dig it up

Back
Top Bottom