water cooling

los

los

Associate
The advantage of that is you can expand on it at a later date. If you search you will see some of the things people have done with them.
Although I'm not sure what the performance is like compared to the H100. There is a thread on them from when they were first released though

Permabanned
OP
The advantage of that is you can expand on it at a later date. If you search you will see some of the things people have done with them.
Although I'm not sure what the performance is like compared to the H100. There is a thread on them from when they were first released though

I have dont full water a few times in the passed, but right n ow on this rig i just want a better silent type cooler. or more silent than mine under load

What cooler do you run at the moment?

right now i am running a zalman cnps10x optima

Soldato
Honestly, good air is better than CLC. It is cheaper, cooler, quieter.. and has less that can go wrong.

Testing of Cryorig R1 Ultimate, NH-D15, PH-TC14PE ,Reserator Max Dual and H100i show air 6-9c cooler at 1-7dBA quieter when all are running below 40dBA. Running at full speed air is still 2-4c cooler but CLC are 25-38cBA louder.. that is 5-7 times as loud!! (every 10dBA increase doubles how loud it sounds to human ear)
http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews...1-ultimate-cpu-cooler-review?showall=&start=2

Soldato
Soldato
Honestly, good air is better than CLC. It is cheaper, cooler, quieter.. and has less that can go wrong.

Testing of Cryorig R1 Ultimate, NH-D15, PH-TC14PE ,Reserator Max Dual and H100i show air 6-9c cooler at 1-7dBA quieter when all are running below 40dBA. Running at full speed air is still 2-4c cooler but CLC are 25-38cBA louder.. that is 5-7 times as loud!! (every 10dBA increase doubles how loud it sounds to human ear)

That's incorrect. A 3dB(A) increase is double the sound intensity, which is recognised as a noticeable increase to the human ear. How we as humans interpret it varies as we all have different sensitivities at varying frequencies.

Soldato
If you think it is incorrect you are not understanding my statement.
Indeed a 3dBA change is what it takes for most people to hear a difference.
10dBA increase = sounding twice as loud to our ears has been documented in many studies.
Cause-Effect-Perception_zpsd466fc11.gif

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

The loudness ratio 4 (four times the loudness) changes the sound loudness level by 20 dB.
The sound pressure ratio 4 (four times the pressure) changes the sound pressure level by 12.04 dB.
The sound power ratio 4 (four times the intensity) changes the sound power level by 6.02 dB.

The loudness ratio 3 (three times the loudness) changes the sound loudness level by 15.58 dB.
The sound pressure ratio 3 (three times the pressure) changes the sound pressure level by 9.54 dB.
The sound power ratio 3 (three times the intensity) changes the sound power level by 4.77 dB.

The loudness ratio 2 (two times (twice) the loudness) changes the sound loudness level by 10 dB.
The sound pressure ratio 2 (two times the pressure) changes the sound pressure level by 6.02 dB.
The sound power ratio 2 (two times the intensity) changes the sound power level by 3.01 dB.
About half way down the page.
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom