Water2Buy vs Tapworks vs BWT Water softener

Associate
Hi Our 10 year old Monarch water softener has not been softening the water for some time. I was disappointed to find that they are a sealed unit and there isn't a way to replace the resin and it is just a case of throwing it away and buying a new one!
I did try putting SoftTec Resin Cleaner through but that made 0 difference to the water hardness.

Looking on various forums, people seem to suggest that there isn't really an advantage buying the far more expensive softeners cost more than £1000 and Water2Buy and Tapworks seem to be mentioned a lot. I do remember at one time coming across a website which compared running costs for various brands, but can't find it now.

There are only the two of us in our household and I would say we use less than average water for two people, therefore I'd like a model that is metered, rather than one that just regenerates on a timer.

Does anyone have a view on Water2Buy, vs Tapworks vs BWT. Can you use tablet salt in all three rather than block?
Thanks

Associate
OP
Yes I am replacing it, (see above), just wanting peoples views on Water2Buy vs Tapworks vs BWT.
I'm UK based we have quite hard water here, so just after softened water.
I thought I'd seen a suggestion somewhere that Tapworks might use less salt? There was definitely a chart floating around at one time comparing running costs.

Back
Top Bottom