Waterblock 9900k

zia

zia

Associate
Currently using heatkiller waterblock on a 9900k at 5.2. can see my temp going to 92*c at 1.34 volts,i have 2 rads black ice 480 and 360 was wondering are there any better waterblocks that will help reduce my temps?

Zia

Soldato
Unlikely. Genuinely a block is a block these days. I saw a recent test of the EK Magnitude ($200) vs the EK Velocity ($100) vs some piece of crap ($20) and the two EK blocks were identical while the piece of crap was less than 10C worse. The main manufacturers will all be quite close.

Is that 92C a spike temp or a sustained temp? If it's a spike, I would suggest that is completely normal. At any given moment, the total heat absorption capability is the block and the small amount of fluid in it. If it's sustained temps the we have a totally different problem:

1. Poor mount
  2. Poor paste
  3. Low flow
  4. Low airflow

Basically can only be one of those 4.

zia

zia

Associate
OP
Temp is at 92*c while running realbench.. gaming usually hover around 76*c was just looking for ways improve temps.

Zia

Associate
Given the CPU is over 3years old, i'd also delid it.. I'm sure you'll see a much better improvement over what you have now.

If you do go that route would be interesting to see temp difference between a direct die mount or LM on die, Kryonaught on lid mount.

I'm running direct die on my 4770K o/c to 4.5. Don't have temps before (as Photobucket deleted all my photos after it went to that silly paid service) but my temps idle mid 30s and load at around 60c.. and the 4770K is a toasty chip

zia

zia

Associate
OP
Thank for the input,will look into it,had great results with delidding my 7700k.....

will see if alderlake is any good before delidding 9900k

Zia

Soldato
I would go for a delid for that chip, it makes sense if you want to see significant changes. Like others have mentioned, a block change will only give small changes 1-3 degrees at best in most cases between all the brands.

Delid + Liquid metal or even better do a direct die to the block would see amazing temps.

Back
Top Bottom