Waterblock for the 3090fe - what do you have on yours?

Associate
Hi All,

looking for a water block for the 3090 and fancy the ek special edition mainly for the looks.
Interested to get feed back from people with this and other brands blocks on the 3090 and how the temps are.

Thanks

Soldato
Got EK block on mine. It does look great on and temps with hybrid backplate mean memory temps on rear are good for me. Was not a fan of some bits like one screw on it being so tight the head snapped off the screw which is really frustrating, fortunately was one on edge so could be sawed off. Others have had issues I think of liquid leaking between acrylic and metal so may be noticeable if you use colour as EK only use a single O-ring round edge of the card rather then in-between at other points. Still does look damm good and for me was a must really as ports at end were ideal for mini-itx build case it went in.

Associate
OP
Got EK block on mine. It does look great on and temps with hybrid backplate mean memory temps on rear are good for me. Was not a fan of some bits like one screw on it being so tight the head snapped off the screw which is really frustrating, fortunately was one on edge so could be sawed off. Others have had issues I think of liquid leaking between acrylic and metal so may be noticeable if you use colour as EK only use a single O-ring round edge of the card rather then in-between at other points. Still does look damm good and for me was a must really as ports at end were ideal for mini-itx build case it went in.
Is that special edition you have?

Associate
Not many options for the 3090 fe - the corsair one looks a bit lackluster in comparison to the ek one. I have the ekwb one on pre order. They just ran out of stock of the black edition at ocuk

Associate
I think the EK block is really smart, it`s the reason I went for the 3080FE over the 6800XT but I have to say I`m not impressed with the quality of the acrylic as it looks like the fluid has bled from the waterways and as I`m using green fluid and lighting it looks really untidy unlike my monoblock which has really good definition.

What it looked like on day 1
OC8b0Pn.jpg

And what it looks like now
1mtjJ1G.jpg

Associate
OP
I think the EK block is really smart, it`s the reason I went for the 3080FE over the 6800XT but I have to say I`m not impressed with the quality of the acrylic as it looks like the fluid has bled from the waterways and as I`m using green fluid and lighting it looks really untidy unlike my monoblock which has really good definition.

OC8b0Pn.jpg

1mtjJ1G.jpg
Nice build and like those bends

Associate
OP

OC8b0Pn.jpg

1mtjJ1G.jpg
Also like the power cable for the fe where did you get it?

Associate
Nice build and like those bends

Thank you, this was my first attemt at a custom loop so I`m happy with the way it turned out.

Also like the power cable for the fe where did you get it?

I got them from Cablemod, quite expensive though but the quality is spot on, just wish I could have got them in green and black to match my other cables.

Associate
Bykski, because £100 for a 3090 nickel plated copper waterblock includes a backplate and postage. Prices is pretty much the same for plexi with or without RGB or acetal, unlike other brands. I would add that if you do buy Bykski, you should make sure every screw is torqued down correctly.

Edit: They also do 3090 blocks with active/watercooled RGB backplate included starting £135 including delivery!

Associate
I've got the Corsair block. Would look poor, in my opinion, if vertical mounted, but I've got it horizontal and the back plate is fine. Possibly would have stumped the extra for the EK if it was out back then, but for £160, I'm happy with the Corsair.

Back
Top Bottom