• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

waterblocked 7900XTX Nitro+

Soldato
Was thinking of waterblocking my 7900xtx nitro, not to gain any perf but to try and get some heat out of my case. Currently running a 13900KS on Direct die with 2x 360x45 rads, i dont want to put the VGA on the same cooling system as it will just dump too much heat into the water so i was thinking one of the AIO's, i believe Alphacool make one for the nitro, has anyone tried one???

Soldato
OP
no problem cooling the cpu but i want to keep it that way. not sure on water temp at the mo as not on pc, will check later. The 7900 does chuck out so much heat hence why i want it separate. My ram is also under water and the OC on that is temp sensitive, 45c and above and stability is lost, in a gaming session it sits around 34c

Associate
I've often thought about having a dedicated dual loop and allocating one rad to each component with dual res and pumps, but obviously costs can be prohibitive - that said I went with a MO-RA 420 and a dual pump set up, just to take the heat out of the case entirely. I opted for 4 x noctua 200mm fans, as my system
on load is silent and still giving me great temps. I should also add that my pumps are at 40% too. I'm not sure on the 7900xtx you have, but I have the 6950 xt red devil, and when that was set up with my old 5900x the temps were pretty toasty for a custom wc system with two 360 rads.

Associate
I'm no expert, but two 360x45 rads should be more than enough for both the CPU and GPU IMHO, and would be more effective than a AIO.

Back
Top Bottom