Watercooling advice (Spec Me Request)

MPD

MPD

Associate
Hi

I have a air cooled setup at the moment - spec below.

The CPU is o/c to 4.2GHz and is stable under load (Prime, Intel Burn Test) - but runs a little too hot for my liking (mid-80's), its running early 40's on idle

As you can see I'm using the Megahalems heatsink which seems as good as I can get on air. I had considered the Corsair H80 (&100) but they don't seem to perform any better than this but for more noise.

I'm not really looking to overclock the GPU so at present, probably am just looking for a CPU cooling solution maybe the OcUK V6 or V8

I'm looking for easy to install - very low maintenance solution that will materially improvement my cooling - I'm not looking to overclock beyond what I've already done. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! :)

- Case: Antec 902 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Power Supply: Corsair HX 850W ATX Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply
- CPU: Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz Overclocked to 4.20GHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B CPU Cooler with Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan
- HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Last edited:

MPD

MPD

Associate
OP
All - thanks for taking the time to reply. Now even more confused though ;)

Are you saying that the radiator that comes in the kit (the XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator) isn't good enough and you would all use a 240mm radiator (which as you say won't fit in the case)?

Back
Top Bottom