Watercooling advice (Spec Me Request)

MPD

MPD

Associate
Hi

I have a air cooled setup at the moment - spec below.

The CPU is o/c to 4.2GHz and is stable under load (Prime, Intel Burn Test) - but runs a little too hot for my liking (mid-80's), its running early 40's on idle

As you can see I'm using the Megahalems heatsink which seems as good as I can get on air. I had considered the Corsair H80 (&100) but they don't seem to perform any better than this but for more noise.

I'm not really looking to overclock the GPU so at present, probably am just looking for a CPU cooling solution maybe the OcUK V6 or V8

I'm looking for easy to install - very low maintenance solution that will materially improvement my cooling - I'm not looking to overclock beyond what I've already done. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! :)

- Case: Antec 902 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Power Supply: Corsair HX 850W ATX Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply
- CPU: Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz Overclocked to 4.20GHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B CPU Cooler with Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan
- HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Last edited:
Soldato
Push-Pull is not worth the cost and noise it produces against the 1-2C benifit!
You can fit a 240mm RAD in the front but will have to take out the drive cages, making multiple HDD mount difficult.
Slim 240RAD on the top with some minor mods is possible.
Or
Go for an external RAD setup if you have to keep the same case.

MPD

MPD

Associate
OP
All - thanks for taking the time to reply. Now even more confused though ;)

Are you saying that the radiator that comes in the kit (the XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator) isn't good enough and you would all use a 240mm radiator (which as you say won't fit in the case)?

Back
Top Bottom