Watercooling for i5K

Associate
Morning

Recently i bought corsair h80 hydro. temps were good, 30idle 40load. But pump was defected, loud clicking noise was coming out of it, so it went for rma. i need a replacement. Has anyone got trouble free watercooling? I am not ready to assemble my own, just something pre-built.

I looked at a few:
antec kuhler 620, 920
Intel RTS2011LC

Thats about it i recon, likes of corsir h100 hydro out of the picture as i only have room for 120mm rad. I have 2 x akasa viper 120mm for the rad, so not worried about stock fans. Pretty please someone :D

Caporegime
You can't get any more trouble free than the all-in-one coolers (as far as watercooling is concerned). You just had a bad one, however:

If you want simplicity, go for big air.

If you want performance, go for custom loop.

Associate
OP
air cooling i just dont like anymore, and custom watercooling is out of the question for now. I also got 2 akasa vipers to go onto rad, but cant justify price difference between 920 and 620, i think ill take a stab at 620.. 46 next day delivery is good enough. will update once tested

Associate
OP
I thought you only had space for a 120.1 rad? :confused:

I did. but will either try to mount rad on top of 200mm fan, or remove fan and screw rad on its own. Delivered half hour ago, ill get stuck in and report in a bit

I am not ready for custom watercooling. Maybe later down the line. Right now, h100 should do the trick. Also, jetstream 680 comin out next week, if i couple that with all the rest of my stuff, done deal. 1920x1080 gaming should be bUUUUtiful :D

Caporegime
Time for custom ;) Custom looks best anyway :p

2iswqqp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom