Watercooling recommendations?

Soldato
I've got a project coming up, a water-cooled dual P3 (S370) machine.

I need recommendations on:

CPU waterblocks, quiet but powerful pumps, 120.1 radiators and GeForce 4 waterblocks.

There will be very little airflow in the box so should I get blocks for the HDDs?

Finally the PSU, I don't want a fan in there so is there anyway I can water cool this? It'll be without case just so you know.

Soldato
Not sure if the newer blocks are compatable with p3's a LRWW might be thouhgh i guess or your looking at something around the DD Maze 3.

I've a couple of blocks that'll fit geforce 4's otherwise your probably looking at an old maze 4/9x00 block

Soldato
a watercooled psu is £170, from alphacool however you can make one yourself but it isn't worth it.

get a zalman silent one if you are that worried by noise.
but you are better off with one with a nice slow 120mm fan

daven

Soldato
OP
Weirdos... Used blocks should be about £10 each, rads £15 each, a Maze 3 or something about £7, and a pump about £20-25. That's only £77-82. The system itself will cost me very little, £50-60. :D

Soldato
older style maze 4 will fit your card, ive sent you an email in regards to it.
throw as much money ass you can at the pump though.
MCP600 is probobly the best pump you can buy for lowest heat dump, high head and good flow. its Cathars ( the god of watercooling) favourite .
its also know as an aqua extreme 50Z

Soldato
monkeypants said:
Weirdos... Used blocks should be about £10 each, rads £15 each, a Maze 3 or something about £7, and a pump about £20-25. That's only £77-82. The system itself will cost me very little, £50-60. :D

Why are you asking what to buy then? Seems to me you already have all the answers.

Besides, according to your profile you live in a lake so why are you even asking?

Soldato
OP
I want to know which blocks/rads/pump to get, you know, hear what people think are the best and stuff. Specifically blocks and pump, as the difference between radiators is pretty negligeble

Soldato
regarding radiators, go series rather than parallel

for cheapness :

Eheim 1048 - reliable, fairly low flow and head, but ok for a Swfitech 6002/Maze4 etc

Swiftech 6002 - if you can find one cheap

Res - whatever takes your fancy that doesnt contain aluminium really

GPU - DD Maze4 GPU

Rad - heatercore is probably your cheapest option :)

hope that helps

Soldato
OP
jellybeard999 said:
regarding radiators, go series rather than parallel
But parallel means that water goes (no-nonsense version): Pump > Split > Block1/Block2 > Rad1/Rad2 > Join > GPU > Res/fillport > Pump.

jellybeard999 said:
for cheapness :

Eheim 1048 - reliable, fairly low flow and head, but ok for a Swfitech 6002/Maze4 etc

Swiftech 6002 - if you can find one cheap

Res - whatever takes your fancy that doesnt contain aluminium really

GPU - DD Maze4 GPU

Rad - heatercore is probably your cheapest option :)

hope that helps
I was looking at the Swiftech 600X block, but wanted some more input incase I couldn't find any cheap (I'd like the blocks to match)
I hadn't thought about heatercores, but that's a good idea and I'll look into them.
I was leaning towards a fillport rather than a reservoir to keep the system small (I'm custom making the box out of MDF)
The eheim has 3/8 fittings doesn't it?

Soldato
You won't find current blocks which fit socket 370 i.e. P3. You will have to buy old stuff and that pretty much limits you to Maze3.

Buy the best pump you can afford. - D5, MCP655, Eheim 1250

Get the biggest radiator - PA120.3 or PA160.1 or double heatercore.

Given your choice of parts, you don't have much choice in blocks. Look on the bay or ask in the MM.

Soldato
the biggest radiator isn't necessary a 120.2 will do fine, try a thermochill PA120.2 also for the pump i can highly recommend the laing dcc pro.

daven

Soldato
daven1986 said:
the biggest radiator isn't necessary a 120.2 will do fine, try a thermochill PA120.2 also for the pump i can highly recommend the laing dcc pro.

daven

a PA is a bit extreme for the budget dont you think ? a second hand XSPC will be more than enough for the budget

Soldato
i suppose, i bought an xspc and it is a very nice rad, the pa was just the 1st one to pop into my head!

in fact the swiftech one sold here for £30 should do the trick too.

daven

Back
Top Bottom