Watercooling tubes

Soldato
my piledrivers seems to be getting a bit hot so i might re-do my water loop.

ATM im currently using

TUBE Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 CLEAR (2 meters)

Is there some better tubing that will stop kinks / increase water flow?

Soldato
OP
if I go above 1.4v I get thermal throttling.

core temp is fubared as its reading 15c temps at idle.

not sure if its the vrms or cpu thats overheating tho

Soldato
They're compressions so you can only use 10/13 tubing which you already are.

The best way to avoid kinks is to route tubing effectively and use angled fittings if you need them.

Soldato
OP
They're compressions so you can only use 10/13 tubing which you already are.

The best way to avoid kinks is to route tubing effectively and use angled fittings if you need them.

yeh I already have some 45 fittings and 90 in.

I might take out the 200mm fans at the top and fit the 360 rad up there to see if it helps.

Might just order some new tubing as well so I have some spare.

Which is the best tubing to use (what make)?

Soldato
I have tried 3 makes of tubing:

Masterkleer is my favourite. Nice kink resistance and hasn't clouded.

clearflex60 is good, didn't cloud. However it's more 'squidgey' than masterkleer and kinks easier.

primochill lrt proflex or w/e it's called was horrific. clouded up like mad and the blue in the coolant stained the plasticiser green.

edit: i have no idea whether those volts are acceptable or bat****, but how much raddage do you have atm and what is in the loop? if volts are good and raddage is good then you may have an issue eg. airlock etc

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have tried 3 makes of tubing:

Masterkleer is my favourite. Nice kink resistance and hasn't clouded.

clearflex60 is good, didn't cloud. However it's more 'squidgey' than masterkleer and kinks easier.

primochill lrt proflex or w/e it's called was horrific. clouded up like mad and the blue in the coolant stained the plasticiser green.

edit: i have no idea whether those volts are acceptable or bat****, but how much raddage do you have atm and what is in the loop? if volts are good and raddage is good then you may have an issue eg. airlock etc

cool might try and get some masterkleer then found it for about £7.55 for the clear stuff. you not tried the XSPC stuff then?

Associate
Your loop isnt getting hot because of your tubing.
How is your watercooling setup?
You want 3 static pressure fans on the rad at least pushing cool air from outside the case through the rad. until you do this you wont see good temps

Soldato
OP
Your loop isnt getting hot because of your tubing.
How is your watercooling setup?
You want 3 static pressure fans on the rad at least pushing cool air from outside the case through the rad. until you do this you wont see good temps

yeh its deffo not doing tht atm will find the post with how I set it up when I did it

Associate
yeh its deffo not doing tht atm will find the post with how I set it up when I did it

Hi dan

ok mate so I had a look at your thread. what fans do you have connected on them? on your 240 you want 2 high static pressure fans pushing cool air from outside the case through the rad into the case you could do push/pull which means you will need 4 fans on the rad 2 on either side for extra performance.

Your 360 needs to be moved from there because its doing nothing just now.
If you put it at the top make sure again the fans are pushing cool outside the case air through the rad. warm case air cannot cool a rad. you could also use gentle typhon fans and put them on a fan controller as on full tilt I think there quite noisy but great performance

Last edited:
Soldato
exhausting warm case air through a rad? IMO silly

if you intake through the top 360 and intake through the back 240 you can exhaust through the front of the case

there's nothing in the case to warm it up enough to make a noticeable difference lol.

if you decide to intake from the back and top make sure you buy filters first or your rad will look like right furry grey monstrosity and cooling will be affected. Aldo the pc will become a dust desert.

Soldato
OP
just ordered 3 more fans 75cfm ones and going to move the 360 rad to the top today.

should be alright with the tubes I have I think.

then when new fans arrive will set up push pull properly.

Hopefully this will get the temps down.

Back
Top Bottom