Wattage Usage

Soldato
What are the devices called that allow you to see how much wattage etc. a device is drawing from the wall?

Obviously the devices can't be linked to as they'd most likely be on a competitors site, but I'm just wondering what they are called. I want to find out how much wattage my PC is drawing, and some other devices aare drawing too.

Ideally I'd want one with a digital read-out, but again, I don't know what they are called, which is a pain, as I can't easily look for them.

So yeah...what are the wattage useage things called?

InvG

Soldato
OP
Puns...*shakes head*

Nah, what I'm after is one of these...

powermeter.jpg

So I can see how much the PC is drawing. :)

InvG

Associate
my local B&Q is selling these things for £10...
im pretty sure OCUK dont sell bricks, shower fittings and lawnmowers so hopefully its not counted as a competitor.

Soldato
OP
They may branch out :p

Yeah Jokester, after the first reply, I managed to find them...and I did read the name of the device on it :p

I can't have the Zalman, it's three times the price, admitidly it does do more than the plugin ones, but also all four of my drive bays are full with controllers, DVDs etc.

Also getting a plugin one means I can test many of my devices for their power draws, rather than just the PC.

InvG

Man of Honour
misterPK said:
I now have an image in my head of you scampering around your house testing everything with a plug on. :p

"Oooh, my toaster draws that much power!?! I'll have to cut back on the crumpets!"

PK!

I did that when i got mine. :D :D I wanted to find out what was giving us huge lecky bills. Came to the conclusion that it was simply the heating. Nothing i can do about that but at least i know how much everything consumes now.

B&Q here sells them for around a tenner as well although they are different to the one you posted a piccy of. I have the same as that and got it from a large electrical chain beggining with M that we are not allowed to name any more.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, that's where the piccie is from.

Hehe, I won't run round this house doing that (parent's), but when I move into my new place for uni in August I may well do it...as I'll want to keep the bills down...also would be interesting to know just how much power my PC does draw...aswell as my 16port 10/100 switch.

I don't like crumpets, so I don't need to cut down on them. :p

InvG

Back
Top Bottom