Wattman causing boot restart issue

Associate
Ever since using Wattman I get an issue when I turn the PC on from a cold boot. It gets to the windows load screen and then the PC cuts out. I then press the on button on the case and it boots fine second time round.

When windows then loads I am presented with the following message : “Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure.”

I've been using my Vega 64 for over month now with OverdriveNT without any issues. First time i have a play about with Wattman and this has started.

PSU is a month old EVGA G2 850 so I dont think that it's that given that after the second boot it runs flawlessly.

Any ideas would be appreciated? Is there a way to turn off wattman at boot so see if that fixes the issue.

Permabanned
I have just used wattman on the GF system and from what I can see it buggy crap. In my case it defaults the cards setting every time I boot and set the clocks to whatever it want to when overclocking.

If I was you I would stick to msi afterburner.

The only way I could get wattman the stop messing with setting was a full driver reinstall with a DDU run

Associate
OP
I have just used wattman on the GF system and from what I can see it buggy crap. In my case it defaults the cards setting every time I boot and set the clocks to whatever it want to when overclocking.

If I was you I would stick to msi afterburner.

The only way I could get wattman the stop messing with setting was a full driver reinstall with a DDU run

Buggy crap is an understatement.

I think my only option is as you say a DDU uninstall.

Associate
I recently had a vega 56 and was unsure what the hell was causing extremely slow shutdowns and startups i.e loading into windows after logging in, uninstalled many things and reinstalled even anti virus etc.. seems like you might be on to something

Back
Top Bottom