Ways to save money using a VPN?

Associate
Legal ways, that is. Not dubious or chancy in any way.

I've just been looking at the prices Netflix charges in other countries. Big differences, relatively speaking. Not quite sure if joining Netflix from/via another country would be a legal or moral way to go about things. Besides my PC may be able to run a VPN but my smart tv would not. So, I'm sticking with my UK subscription.

But it got me thinking, are there other ways to save on goods, services and subscriptions with a VPN?

I've not done much research on this yet but is it possible that my VPN could save me a lot of money when making purchases by connecting via different servers with my Surfshark VPN?

Forgive my ignorance but it seems, on the face of it, it might be worth investigating. I certainly do not want to do anything dubious or illegal.

Associate
OP
Why would you need a VPN to use the account outside of the country you signed up with?

Are you not allowed to use your UK account when you go on holiday?

So ditch the VPN and just go on holiday every time you want to watch Netflix? That'll save a load of cash :cry:

Yes, I can use netflix outside the uk. No need for VPN. Just wondering if a VPN can be of help when making other purchases. Legally, morally.

legally wise, well its misrepresentation at least, as you will be giving a fake address for the billing details at least.

True. Good answer. Misrepresentation would be a dubious use.

Associate
OP
I run a software router and have 1+ persistent VPN connections that route traffic from multiple WiFi networks. Devices simply need to connect to one of a few networks in order to access a VPN, so my smart TV, for example, simply needs to connect to a specific WiFi network in order to egress traffic via [insert some place that is not my ISP]. I do not need to run any VPN software on the TV.

Too technical for me :)

Associate
OP
Any suggestions for a good VPN at lowest cost possible? What are you all using?

Just had a look on Topcashback site. CyberGhostVpn is 105% cashback. Haven't checked what the catch might be though. Nor do I know if Cyberghost is any good.

I used Topcashback for the first time to get get something like 60% back on my Surfshark vpn a few months ago. I was sceptical at first but I actually did get the cash back.

Back
Top Bottom