Wayward Realms

Soldato
Im quite stoked for this as I loved Daggerfall. The original Lead Devs have reunited and this has been worked on in the background as a passion project.
We are talking not even Alpha yet, they launched on Kickstarter a few days ago looking for money to get the game to early access stage for Steam and then they will go looking for a publisher.
It looks promising, UE5, Im just hoping they make a better crack at the proc gen then Starfield did.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oncelostgames/the-wayward-realms/description

Associate
Yeah, fingers crossed - I backed the lowest tier that gives you the game. So far I have a good track record of picking crowd funded games that do make it to full release, so hopefully this continues that trend!

Soldato
OP
Yeah, fingers crossed - I backed the lowest tier that gives you the game. So far I have a good track record of picking crowd funded games that do make it to full release, so hopefully this continues that trend!
I went in as Duke. It is very close now, less than 10K from the 500K total with 18 days to go, so I think we both backed a winner...

Soldato
OP
Someone tell me this will have co op
Yes, limited co-op so you and a few mates is the way I understand it.
I backed as a Duke, Im trying to work out whether risking impending death from my wife is worth updating my pledge to Loremaster so that I get to design a magic artifact along with lore and backstory for it. For me personally that would be really cool.

edit - co-op will not be in the EA version but will make it into the final release

Last edited:
Soldato
This may be just me, but that Kickstarter reads like a massive letdown is coming.

The initial claimed demo of 160km is already pushing it, let alone the 'full' 521,000km.
If it gets anywhere near that, I'll eat my hat.

Procedural generation works to a point, but its nowhere near the level they seem to think it'll get to. A year to produce the demo is asking for trouble....

Vapourware promises of the highest order- Starfield took 10 years to get to a similar state, and that's with handcrafted quests.

Associate
Yes, limited co-op so you and a few mates is the way I understand it.
I backed as a Duke, Im trying to work out whether risking impending death from my wife is worth updating my pledge to Loremaster so that I get to design a magic artifact along with lore and backstory for it. For me personally that would be really cool.

edit - co-op will not be in the EA version but will make it into the final release
I missed this. Appreciate the info.

Glad it was funded. Now we wait.

Back
Top Bottom