WBAC Values

Soldato
Sold it. Knocked me a bit of for stone chips on the front end but I got above what I thought I’d get so it made sense.

He missed some other marks on the interior and bodywork/wheels though.

Soldato
He missed some other marks on the interior and bodywork/wheels though.

If you’d already declared the damage accurately online, then it was already taken into account in the original quote -?

When I sold my RS6 to them earlier this year, the chap actually went out of his way to help get me the best price.

Soldato
If you’d already declared the damage accurately online, then it was already taken into account in the original quote -?

When I sold my RS6 to them earlier this year, the chap actually went out of his way to help get me the best price.

No I didn’t see the option to declare it online. Not sure why I couldn’t see it as I’ve read you could edit it everywhere else.

Saying that, I’m happy regardless. The lad I dealt with was fair, he had to send pictures to his manager as his manager didn’t believe the condition due to the mileage of the car. He was then also happy and the deal was done. I would use them again tbh, best price given compared to everywhere else.

Soldato
Just done another quote for the 2015 89k Superb.

They've offered £7,735 today...back in April it was £7k.

Considering I bought this from my old company around 4 years ago for £8k I'm happy with that!

Looking online similar specs are being sold for £11-£12k.

It's a shame that I need a car suitable for pulling a caravan as I'd be more than happy to sell up and buy a proper banger for time being.

It's the same in the caravan world...bought ours for £8k coming up to 2 years ago...easily sell for £12-£13k.

Soldato
Not WBAC, but I sold my car today with Cazoo.

I was getting part exchange values of around £12k from garages. WBAC were offering £12.5k.

Cazoo were offering the highest at £14,400 on their website for excellent condition.

Now I know my vehicle wasn't in excellent condition, so was expecting the price to be knocked down. I cleaned the car in the morning before taking it down there and every alloy had damage, there was a number of minor stone chips on the bonnet and a couple of scratches. My wife had also damaged some plastic trim at the bottom of the rear door on a recent shopping trip.

Chap took my service history documents, keys and locking wheel nut. He got in the car, started it up, reversed a meter or so and then moved the car forwards. That was it. No walking around the car to inspect the body work. Was there 5 minutes and money in my account before I got into my father in laws car to bring me back home.

Considering I paid £16k for it around 3 years ago, I'm happy with a £1.6k loss in that time.

Soldato
Not WBAC, but I sold my car today with Cazoo.

I was getting part exchange values of around £12k from garages. WBAC were offering £12.5k.

Cazoo were offering the highest at £14,400 on their website for excellent condition.

Now I know my vehicle wasn't in excellent condition, so was expecting the price to be knocked down. I cleaned the car in the morning before taking it down there and every alloy had damage, there was a number of minor stone chips on the bonnet and a couple of scratches. My wife had also damaged some plastic trim at the bottom of the rear door on a recent shopping trip.

Chap took my service history documents, keys and locking wheel nut. He got in the car, started it up, reversed a meter or so and then moved the car forwards. That was it. No walking around the car to inspect the body work. Was there 5 minutes and money in my account before I got into my father in laws car to bring me back home.

Considering I paid £16k for it around 3 years ago, I'm happy with a £1.6k loss in that time.

They will be able to get the alloys refurbished for under £120 (all 4). The stone chips, again prob very small cost due to the amount they get done.
Plastic trim is ten a penny in their parts sourcing dept I expect.

What car was it?

Soldato
Peugeot 308 GTi.

Car was throwing up some big repair bills during ownership (seized front brake disc calliper, replacement fuel tank and failed fuel pump).

Given I primarily work from home, it was hard to justify keeping it when I was hardly putting any mileage onto it.

Caporegime
Peugeot 308 GTi.

Car was throwing up some big repair bills during ownership (seized front brake disc calliper, replacement fuel tank and failed fuel pump).

Given I primarily work from home, it was hard to justify keeping it when I was hardly putting any mileage onto it.
I considered one before getting my 428i GC. Was the brake calliper expensive? I heard they were quite special and unique to the GTI and cost quite a bit for replacement parts? It was one of the things that put me off them.

Soldato
Think it was £2.5k to replace front callipers, discs and pads :eek:

I paid a small contribution towards it as I argued the case with Peugeot and got them to stump up the lion's share of the bill.

The brakes are made by Alcon, not Peugeot. Absolutely superb stoppers. However, the pistons themselves are chrome plated.

So you get an issue of dissimilar metal corrosion; where two different metals are in contact in a corrosive environment and one of the metals (the pistons) experiences an accelerated corrosion rate.

Give it a UK winter or two and the pistons eventually seize, which then prematurely wears those huge disc rotors and causes an expensive mess.

All they needed to do was to use stainless steel pistons instead, which you can purchase and retrospectively fit. Think the stainless steel pistons and seal kit was around £250 from Godspeed Brakes.

You can't even purchase the brakes direct from Alcon. Only via Peugeot.

So people have either swapped the Pistons or replaced the callipers and rotors with units from Tarox or other after market manufacturers.

I would only ever purchase a facelift version (resolves fuel tank issue plus cylinder misfire issues that can occur) that also has the extended Peugeot warranty.

But to be fair, there are other cars for the money you could buy that won't give you the same headaches.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think it was £2.5k to replace front callipers, discs and pads :eek:

I paid a small contribution towards it as I argued the case with Peugeot and got them to stump up the lion's share of the bill.

The brakes are made by Alcon, not Peugeot. Absolutely superb stoppers. However, the pistons themselves are chrome plated.

So you get an issue of dissimilar metal corrosion; where two different metals are in contact in a corrosive environment and one of the metals (the pistons) experiences an accelerated corrosion rate.

Give it a UK winter or two and the pistons eventually seize, which then prematurely wears those huge disc rotors and causes an expensive mess.

All they needed to do was to use stainless steel pistons instead, which you can purchase and retrospectively fit. Think the stainless steel pistons and seal kit was around £250 from Godspeed Brakes.

You can't even purchase the brakes direct from Alcon. Only via Peugeot.

So people have either swapped the Pistons or replaced the callipers and rotors with units from Tarox or other after market manufacturers.

I would only ever purchase a facelift version (resolves fuel tank issue plus cylinder misfire issues that can occur) that also has the extended Peugeot warranty.

But to be fair, there are other cars for the money you could buy that won't give you the same headaches.
Yikes, glad I stayed away now!

Soldato
Yikes, glad I stayed away now!

Yes, you dodged a bullet there.

I've never owned a Peugeot before. Will never again after this.

Used car prices of the 308 GTi are generally lower than competitor hot hatches of equivalent BHP and year/mileage.

However tempting it is to purchase one, I'd strongly advise them to move along.

Associate
So just to follow up, Over 7 weeks after I sold it to Cazoo, they finally listed it for sale. £53650 (I sold it for £49450). So around 8.5% markup. The pictures show they've repaired the minor kerb damage to the front two wheels, and also they replaced the passenger mirror housing that had a scratch on it. It was parked for quite a while at a company that has repair contracts for major leasing companies. Allowing £300 for the work, that's just under 8% mark-up. They actually listed it last night for £2K less, so someone musta decided it was on there too cheap. I'm surprised that they omitted listing some of the major extras.

Now for sale for £50,100, or just £650 more than they paid me for it and that's after repairing the two alloys and the mirror housing !

Soldato
ANd now down to £49.350...less than what they paid me.
It seems really car dependant.

My E43 has been like this:
Oct '21 - 38,350
Nov '21 - 36,405
Dec '21 - 34,755
Jan '22 - 34,840
12th Jan '22 - 36,000

(worth noting mileage has doubled since my initial offer from 6k to 12k).

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems really car dependant.

My E43 has been like this:
Oct '21 - 38,350
Nov '21 - 36,405
Dec '21 - 34,755
Jan '22 - 34,840
12th Jan '22 - 36,000

(worth noting mileage has doubled since my initial offer from 6k to 12k).
Completely off topic but what's the MPG like on the E43? Tempted by one on autotrader at the moment but reading around the fuel bills could be horrendous at 20-23mpg. Just wondering what your experience is.

Soldato
Completely off topic but what's the MPG like on the E43? Tempted by one on autotrader at the moment but reading around the fuel bills could be horrendous at 20-23mpg. Just wondering what your experience is.
Decent tbf. Small trips should be avoided but on a run its 30+ with no real effort.

Edit: mixed over 670 miles I'm getting 27

OcUK Staff
OP
Had emails from WBAC today with your car has increased in price.

Do values normally start to go up so fast always thought it was March onwards when the seasonal trend seem to start reversing, seems to be happening sooner this year, could mean used prices could have a very strong uplift this year......

Back
Top Bottom