WC Setup for Enthoo Primo/RVE10/GPU

Associate
OK guys,
Looking to make a new home for my main system. Going to take great delight in binning an EVGA DG-87 case (easily the worst chassis I've ever dealt with), and probably looking to move into an Enthoo Primo (say 80% sure, unless there is another option soon).
Plan to move over to a custom WC job as I plan to reuse the GPU block, which was hooked up to a Predator 360 before that went bang, and the spare 240 is not up to the job at all.
Was checking out EKWB site for recommendations for a relatively simple CPU/GPU loop, and it was suggesting a EK-CoolStream XE 480 (Quad) mounted in the top which seems a bit unwieldy , as I would assume a dual 360 radiator setup would probably work better overall. Plus there is a thought that a XE rad might have clearance issues with the MB height when mounted in the top (Predator wouldn't fit in the top of the EVGA case for this reason so had to front mount it which really messed up the overall air flow of the case).

Looking through the Enthoo thread is a bit of a mire so wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experiences around putting together a similar build, and might be able to offer some ideas around rads, pump, suitable reservoir size etc (going to keep things relatively simple with soft tubing).
Cheers

Associate
I am making up a loop with EK CE (45mm height) rads - 420 (triple) in top and 280 (dual) in bottom within a Primo. The rads have fitted nicely, but I dont think a triple in the bottom will be very weildy. It would involve moving/removing hard disk drive bays.
I will get some pics up later ;)

Associate
OP
Cheers Jediben,
it does sound like I'd certainly be limited to 45mm height rads in the top alright, judging from this diagram from elsewhere. Had major issues with a Predator in an EVGA case, which I ended up having to front mount, which caused no end of issues. So will certainly be looking to go down the top and bottom route.
Regarding the bottom placement, I've really only the one (two max) mechanical drives, so not going to be needing the full capacity really, but no reason to go mad radiator-wise either. Certainly the 420 up top sounds like a plan, so will look a bit closer into what's needed down below.

Still undecided pump-wise, so might just start gathering the parts together before and see what happens over the next few weeks. Cheers

900x900px-LL-fdea0dfc_faf18c5a_EnthooPrimotopradclearance.jpeg

Associate
Nonworries. Bear in mind that a 420 is best suited to a 140mm fan (which is the size that the case comes with x5 - 2 front 1 top 1 rear 1 bottom).
If you are starting without a supply of 120mm fans it might be worth considering staying on 140mm. Or shipping them to me to complete my push/pull ;)

Associate
OP
Aye......the Enthoo certainly does seem to fit with what I want to do, and obviously going with 140mm fans would offset the decrease in width of going with a 45mm rad.
Might try to salvage the CPU block from the Predator as well, but will wait and see, so at least I'd be sorted on the GPU and CPU blocks from the off.
I assume the D5 is still the most suitable type of pump to go with these days, from a noise and performance of view.

Associate
My D5 is on its leak test and even at speed 5 it is very quiet. I am hoping that the sp140s are not much louder when i get round to powering the whole system.

Associate
OP
Associate
The 3.5" drive bays are arranged in a vertical stack, drives horizontal in 2 sets of 3. There will be plenty of distance between the top 3 bays and the bottom of the case if you do extend the lower rad.

Soldato
Using an EK-Coolstream RAD XTC 420 rad up top in my Primo with a 360 monsta in the bottom. Push/pull on both but I think when I next rebuild it I will remove the top most fans as they seem to generate a fair bit of noise with the top fan grill on.

Back
Top Bottom