WDTV Issue

Soldato
When plugging an external HDD into the WDTV and watching films, there is no problem, when i plug the HDD back into my PC to change the films over, i get an error saying 'There is a problem with this drive, click to fix'.

This happens every time and i can't figure out why, i'm constantly having to reformat the Drive in order for the films to show up on the HDD when plugged into the WDTV.

What's the issue and have you fixed it? I know it's not a faulty drive as SSDlife states 100% health. It is also formatted to NTFS.

Cheers for any help!

Associate
I found on mine if i dont eject the drive from my windows OS properly it wont read in my WDTV. I would have to put the drive back in the pc and tell it to repair.

Since i have been disconnecting properly i dont have any issues.

Associate
Are you ejecting the drive from the Wdtv before unplugging it? I get that problem if I forget. I don't know if it's different on other versions but on mine there's an eject button on the remote, bottom right.

Soldato
OP
I found on mine if i dont eject the drive from my windows OS properly it wont read in my WDTV. I would have to put the drive back in the pc and tell it to repair.

Since i have been disconnecting properly i dont have any issues.

Yeah I always disconnect it properly through windows, always have the same problem.

just scan and fix thats all i do wit mine whne its not on my network
i normally transfer mine over network and im wired mine to router

The WDTV is in another house so not connected to my NAS otherwise I'd scrap the drive out completely.

Are you ejecting the drive from the Wdtv before unplugging it? I get that problem if I forget. I don't know if it's different on other versions but on mine there's an eject button on the remote, bottom right.

I'll have a look, I don't normally eject it before removing from the WDTV but I'll do it now and see if that changes anything.

Cheers all :)

Back
Top Bottom