We happy few.

Soldato
I hope it's great - but the reviews have been pretty weak to be honest... :(

I'll be holding off until I hear more opinions on it.

Caporegime
Taken from the Steam Store page.

SPECIAL OFFER
We Happy Few launches on August 10! Because We Happy Few will not be available for pre-order on Steam, we’ve worked with our partners at Valve to extend the pre-order offer bonus for the entire weekend following launch.

The 15% discount and Jolly Brolly weapon will be available to anyone who purchases We Happy Few from launch on August 10 until 11:59pm PT/2:59am ET on Sunday, August 12th. To be notified when We Happy Few is available, be sure to add it to your Steam wishlist!

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware this existed until today. Not bought a game in ages so downloading today (nabbed for £23, see helpful post a page back). Looks right up my alley, a cross between Bioshock and dishonored? The whole premise and story sounds brilliant, hope the game lives up to it.

Associate
This is available from Voidu for £22.66 when you use discount code SUMMER18. I have it in the cart but haven't pushed the button yet. I do pre-order the odd game but it's usually in a franchise that I'm a fan of or I have a gut feeling it will be good. Absent that usual certainty for this game, I'm not sure whether to pull the trigger or not? Have we seen enough of the complete game to draw a conclusion on this yet?
Thanks for the info, not a bad price £23 down loading on steam now.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Tried it for about 2 hrs which is definitely not enough to judge the game, but it didn't captivate me enough to warrant the price at this time.

+Great setting
+Good voice acting
+Plays on British humour well
+Seems to be lots of exploration
+Really slick design on everything

-Poor pacing
-Story doesn't feel solid
-Quite linear despite having open sections (may be just the start)
-Erratic performance, which gradually gets worse - i suspect a memory leak

I will wait for patches to see what comes. It could be a great game with a little more TLC (it maybe is, just not amazing at the start)

Man of Honour
I enjoyed the feeling of the early access. Was a great atmosphere. But I'm going to wait for a few patches before reinstalling it I think.
The eating/drinking aspect was the biggest issue with playing it I had. It was just far too fast to decrease. Heard that's been reduced in the full game, which is good.
Performance was an issue with it, looks like that hasn't been sorted. There was a huge memory leak in the alpha. On my system with 12gb on board at the time it would crap out after about an hour.

Full price is £45? Ouch...

jpm

jpm

Associate
Erratic performance, which gradually gets worse - i suspect a memory leak

Yeah I know what you mean. locked 62 (vsync off) then getting 55 - 60 in the open world. But got passed the first main quest and to the 2nd area (don't want to spoil it) the frame rate just tanks.

Refunded and will pick it up again in a sale and when (hopefully) they optimise it more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom