• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

We should worship 9800pro's!

Associate
I have the system in sig below. I have not done any gaming in a long time. I had a x800xtpe but sold it a while ago, needed the £ and went back to my old 9800pro. I havent played anything for a while because i though that my 9800pro will let me down and i wont be able to play the games the way i want to.

Just installed Far Cry after a long time and i let it auto cofigure everything so its on the settings it wants to be and at 1024*768 the game looks and works really really nice. I am pleased! I might give Doom 3, HL2 a go at some point now.

We really should workship these old 9800pro's, they rock!

Associate
OP
I would love to upgrade but cant bring myself to spend the money. Like i said i used to have a x800xtpe and have played far cry at 1600*1200 with max settings and AA and AF on. But i personally think far cry looks great even with my 9800pro. If there is a massive difference between now and how i was playing it before, i cant notice/remember it!

Associate
OP
I just upped the AA and AF on Far Cry to full and it stilll runs nice. The only thing i am missing now is a hi res. But i really dont think playing Far Cry at 1280*1024 instead of 1024*768 is going to make that much difference. It looks ace anyway!

Back
Top Bottom