Web cam for work

Tea Drinker
Don
Got to set up a web cam for work and our IT have buried their head in the sand (sorry if it's anyone here :p), I need to find an independent cam that can broadcast and host independently.

All I will have is a power source but our client requires a free access web cam over our site.

Stupidly we will have a cabinet and IT points 20m away but our IT will not supply anything, I'm going to have to find a independent supplier.

Thanks

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
So basically you're looking for a wireless webcam which can stream whatever it's capturing back to a computer?

Sorry your original description was a bit vague.

kd

Sort of but it needs to be hosted as well, I was thinking some sort of 3g that'll take a picture every hour then upload to a hosting site so the client can view.

Permabanned
There was a remote camera and software application I read about a while back but I can't remember the name of it. I only remember it was being discussed because someone found out that appending some *.cgi file to the end of the IP link allowed anyone to view the camera. There was a whole list of IPs circulating on the net. People were freaking out because they had cameras in the home for monitoring nannies and the like.

Associate
You can get a fixed external camera with built in wifi that will handle all the streaming stuff you want for around £100. If you want fancy facilities like PTZ you will pay a hell of a lot more though :)

Soldato
Why not just get a standard wireless camera, and allow it to stream the video over the network or to FTP server and also use the built in camera management portal to view the feed

Top Bottom