Web hosting for £3 a month - Skeptical

Man of Honour
£3/m and unlimited pretty much means 100s of sites on one box. Friend of mine does (reliable) hosting for about that pricing but you'd only get single figure gigs a month of bandwith and disk space.

Permabanned
Had very bad experience with unlimited provider in past, I will say avoid unlimited providers. Before signup check their TOS to know the truth as server space cannot be unlimited :).

Permabanned
£3.00 a month is obviously £36.00 a year. With TSOHOST it's under £20.00 for the year. Keep in mind it's limited but there is no such thing as unlimited with providers. Just exactly what ISP's did not long ago.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
The way that I've always explained it is with a restaurant analogy. "Unlimited" is equivalent to all you can eat and limited hosting is more like a la carte. Whilst many all you can eat restaurants can do a job and be perfectly adequate, in the main you're going to get better quality from the a la carte.

Soldato
Ooou Yarwood, I'll be popping you a message on steam when I get home Tuesday/Wednesday.

I only want to make a small website for my sleeving so won't have much traffic at all really!

In fact bud, pop me a text if you still have my number, I banged a custom ROM on my phone again and lost your number -.-

Last edited:
Soldato
The other thing you need to watch is how many concurrent connections they allow. You could have unlimited everything else but if only a handful of concurrent connections are possible then it isn't quite what it seems.

4p

4p

Soldato
OP
My recommendation for cheap but great web-hosting service would be: www.namecheap.com.
Definitely avoid 1and1 if you were considering them.

Alternatively, if anybody wants free web-hosting with a cPanel account then trust me or add me on steam: "YarwoodUK".
Server is VERY highly over-specced for web-hosting and uptime is at least 99%. Server gets a total of 30TB bandwidth p/month and it's not even using 0.01% of that currently, has plenty of disk space so no need to worry there either.

As long as you don't start getting DDoSed then I'd be happy to host you.

(Hope I'm allowed to offer free webhosting to fellow OcUK'ers as I ask for nothing in return!)

Oooo lovely :) I'm just playing with an idea atm so this would be wonderful instead of committing to a hosting company.

Soldato
I set up a reseller account so I could pay wholesale prices on web hosting myself. However I've ended up having 3 paying customers and have about 7 sites running off my own package.

The unlimited garb that gets added to my page doesn't mean unlimited at all. Can't remember what the limit was but I've never got near it.

My basic package is £2.70 - VAT...

Back
Top Bottom