Web scraping tool

Soldato
I need to scrape a couple of webpages for data that's publicly accessible (tho it's behind a login, if that matters).

Both are just a list of profiles. The main page has a list of everyone's names, and their subsequent/individual page has further details they've opted to share. So I need a scraper that will follow each link and export the data to a spreadsheet. I've tried using a couple but they don't have the "follow link" functionality and so they only scrape the names.

Any recommendations? I can write PHP and can run something locally if that helps.

Soldato
A fiver? Where are these people? Maybe I can outsource all my freelance work to them.

Another option would be any popular language combined with selenium. It will drive a browser to do it but think can use it in headless mode. Easy to use, can use browser F12 tools to help find elements by class name or id etc

Associate
A fiver? Where are these people? Maybe I can outsource all my freelance work to them.

Another option would be any popular language combined with selenium. It will drive a browser to do it but think can use it in headless mode. Easy to use, can use browser F12 tools to help find elements by class name or id etc
Selenium automates web navigation, not parsing / scraping, unless the op is after embedded attachments to download.

Op as mentioned beautiful soup is the way forward, and even for a newbie is intuitive / Google as you build out what you need. Plenty of help on Stackoverflow

Back
Top Bottom