Webcams?

Soldato
Originally had this posted in GHD, but figured I'd get a better response here. Don't eat me Mr Moderator. :)

Nothing to do with me, hate Apple Mac's, :p , but anyway a friend wants to know if the majority of PC compatible USB webcams will work on a Mac?

I said that I guess it depends on drivers, but I've no idea what Cams come with Mac Drivers. I assume as long as it isnt one of those "off-the-back of a truck" no-name brand cheap cameras, instead its from a large company, it'll have drivers just fine?

what cams do you lot use?

Soldato
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Originally had this posted in GHD, but figured I'd get a better response here. Don't eat me Mr Moderator. :)

Nothing to do with me, hate Apple Mac's, :p , but anyway a friend wants to know if the majority of PC compatible USB webcams will work on a Mac?

I said that I guess it depends on drivers, but I've no idea what Cams come with Mac Drivers. I assume as long as it isnt one of those "off-the-back of a truck" no-name brand cheap cameras, instead its from a large company, it'll have drivers just fine?

what cams do you lot use?

I couldn't find drivers for my Philips webcam, but Macam sorted it. It's pretty much a universal webcam driver for USB cams.

Bear in mind though that I don't think any of the Mac MSN clients support webcams.

Edit: If he buys a Macbook or a Macbook pro, they come with a built in super sweet iSight, and if he wants to buy one for a non-iSight equipped mac, they're discontinued and cost squillions

Associate
My experience of them has been pretty lame... the interface is either too cluttered and confusing, or is messy and nowhere near as clean cut as MSN, or they're just plain unstable. Who uses webcam that often nowadays anyway? :p

Soldato
M3G4UK said:
My experience of them has been pretty lame... the interface is either too cluttered and confusing, or is messy and nowhere near as clean cut as MSN, or they're just plain unstable. Who uses webcam that often nowadays anyway? :p

I agree. I would rather use MSN for Mac over any others but they don't work, they just crash.

Back
Top Bottom