Website assistance

Permabanned
Hello,

Could everyone please express their opinions about this site and how you think it could be improved.

I have direct access to the files to change anything if needed.

The site is : http://www.hl-ac.co.uk

Added - Last Update 02/04/2012
Removed JQuery + added PDF's.
Added JQuery popup text links, club info.
Added more networking site links, bottom.
Changed text to sans-serif, whole site.
Added rounded edges to the photographs, photos.
Added PDF's (Downloadable), bottom.
Modified info logo, club info.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
A couple of quick ideas:

- Why not have all of the content hosted in the site rather than linking back to the Facebook page?
- Change the email in the header to an actual link.
- Membership form link in the footer doesn't work.
- Enlarge the tabbed interface and make all of the tabs the same size so that you don't get a jump when you navigate between them. Making them larger will allow for larger images, more information, etc., etc.
- Having some information about the club on the home page rather than a video might be useful to say what the site is actually about on first glance.

Just a few points, only had a quick look.

D.

Associate
Here's an idea i have for the Club Info section.
Basically when you click on one of the links they all fade out then it fades back in to what you click on.

For example it would start out as this.
club%20info.png

And if you click on the "Club Contacts" link everything will fade out and fade back in to something like this (i had a go at matching your colours)
angling%20club.png

You could also use a jQuery scroller for the videos.

You have a really nice, clean design there. Looks really professional compared to other angling sites that i have seen.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
A text fade jQuery could be a nice solution, I will look into this. I am not a good coder but taking one step at a time.

I am also testing out some jQuery photo sliders too.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I don't have a creative eye like some of you do.

Back
Top Bottom