Website critique

Soldato
Hi all,

So, I've been taken on by a local company in a social media/SEO/blogger kind of role. Only 3 of us in the team and we each have areas of expertise, I'm the more technical one of the 3 and today our head tech guy came down.

He's asked me to review the site, see what needs improving, what is working and what isn't.

I've a list of things that I want to put forward but I'd like you guys to give me some feedback as well. Most of you have a lot more experience than me and some of you are amazing at design.

https://willassociates.co.uk/

Rip it to shreds for me and can you also post what resolution you are view it on. big difference with spacing between my home pc and work pc due to the res.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

I am not a designer.. still would like to comment you site looks neat and clean simple navigation personally I liked the design part.

Use of white space is something I'd play with - there's a lot of different sections but the layout doesn't do much to separate them visually.

I 'd try setting a "max width" banner for larger devices, to keep the content within the centre 1000px ish and see if that neatened everything up.

The "our team" section is really bugging me - I'd align the text to the centre and keep the padding even around the outside rather than bunch the text all up against the right edge.

As I resize the window, everything stretches vertically which is nice, but maybe a media query to change font size would stop the page getting too long?

At 320px wide, the "start protecting the people you love" headline is cut in half by the picture of the book, which now appears after the word "start" in the middle of that heading.

Again at 320px, the three buttons at the bottom are stacked with no white space between them. Some margins on these would separate them visually, make them cleaner and probably less prone to mis-taps for the ham fisted.

I've recently started in a similar role - would be interested to see how this develops! :)

Last edited:
It's the UX that is the main issue, only getting 5% conversion on web visits and we want to boost it.

The google analystics is being worked on especially for mobile devices. It's just the content, layout etc.

The bosses are born salesmen and I think it shows on the site, but i'm not sure if it's a good thing, whether it's too much etc.

I think you need to change some of the text colours, use a contrast checker if possible as some of the text isn't as readable as it should be.

Also some of the sections seem too short in height, need to add a bit more content or change the design.

I think you need to change some of the text colours, use a contrast checker if possible as some of the text isn't as readable as it should be.

Also some of the sections seem too short in height, need to add a bit more content or change the design.

Yeah I need to do a complete accessibility check at some point too, contrasts, skips links, listen to it via a screen reader etc. Last job was working for a visual impairment company so that was high on my list.

Content is coming, SEO changes and more info is needed.

Thanks

From an end user perspective (I am not a designer)

I found this very confusing

There is a cookie notice - without any means of dismissing it and there are lots of elements competing for the eye

The biggest potential CTA is the logo in the middle but the text round it is difficult to read (did anyone actually try?) and you can't click on any of it ??

I think you need to simplify the message to a few horizontal! lines and have a clear CTA button

There is a black on the RHS of the youtube video when you play it - drove my OCD nuts :)

Mobile(safari) has a small issue (at least for me) the light text here is a bit of a sod to read against the background.

image.png

And "Our Team" appears to be aligned right which looks weird with everything else being center/left.

Other than that it looks clean and simple so well done :).

Back
Top Bottom