Website features that appeal to female visitors?

Soldato
I was considering posting this in the programming forum, but I don't want a tech answer to this I just want a layman's view on the subject.

I'm building a simple website which is primarily aimed at a female audience. I have all the expected features of the website planned out, but I was wondering if there were any specific features of websites that females tend to like or enjoy more than male visitors?

Maybe female visitors prefer more images? Or more ability to communicate with the website owner? I'm guessing here at this point.

The website is just a standard e-commerce website with a focus on female visitors. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas regarding anything that women tend to like? It is an entirely custom website which means I can implement just about any feature within reason.

Soldato
OP
GD doesn't disappoint :).

Although I would say that vibrators appeal to some men as well you sexist gits :D.

Good call on Asos and Boohoo. I know this might make me sound like a bit of a dinosaur but I've honestly never even seen Pinterest. Might have to make an account to check it out.

Soldato
OP
I asked my sister to make a post on Mumsnet on my behalf. Although GD has been extremely helpful (as always), I think a second opinion might be required. If that fails, I'll go with the discounted vibrators.

Soldato
OP
My attempts to find any information on this have just resulted in a lot of discussion on gender which doesn't really interest me. I guess I'll go with making it pink then.

*shrug*

Soldato
OP
Eh? You asked a question that was entirely about gender and nothing but gender. The only possible replies were serious ones about gender or some nonsense about gender for laughs. Any reply not about gender would have been irrelevant to your question.

Sorry. I worded my post wrong. When I said I got a bit fed up with the whole gender discussion thing I meant that it gets into whether transgender women were the same as women and that is something that I didn't want to get into. As far as I am concerned anyone who wants to call themselves female is female.

This all happened on a different site to OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom