Website hosting etc

Caporegime
Hi all,

Wanting to put a website together to showcase some artwork etc, Happy to upload WordPress to it and design that way myself.

Who's good for hosting at the moment? Domains?

Email might be handy for the future but I can always setup a Google account or something for the interim

Thanks all :)

Associate
Mate had good things to say about one.com - cheap too!

EDIT - note on emails: if you're considering emails, godaddy seem to have one of the best webmail services - you'll probably pay a bit more for the domain/hosting if you get it all through them though. We offer emails with our reseller hosting packages, but have endless trouble with shared mailservers getting blacklisted. By far the best solution would be to get a reasonable hosting/domain package, and then run emails through a mail system like gsuite, office365 etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Thanks for the replies all they're appreciated.

@Plenty O'Toole - cheers for the offer, not intending to do anything right this second but may send you a message further down the line :)

I've used cpanel before so am reasonably familiar with it, WordPress support I'm it overly fussed about but it's always a bonus

Soldato
Krystal.co.uk for mine currently.

I'v recently moves away from tsohost, whilst they were brilliant with support, the site was non responsive quite often and even a fresh wordpress install (1 click install) was slow to navigae around.

Krystal are a breath of fresh air, I'm on the "basic" £3 per month option for 2 sites and they are both noticably faster and it has a full cPanel. The allowances aren't as bad as you think either as whilst it's "only" 5GB, it's actually 5GB for web space, 5GB for email, 5GB for SQL so you do actually get a fair bit.

Associate
There some suggestions in the Vidahost thread, but I use Simplexwebs

Im happy with their speed and service for along time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom