Website roster management system, need help.

Associate
Add/Edit/Delete table info, via CP [PHP,SQL]

-- Topic Revived & Edited --

Hello OcUK,

I have a quick question regarding my website, I'm not sure how to word it so I've created a video.

-Excuse my voice & the music (Only just realised, sorry - Blame CAPITAL! :().

Summary:

Add/Edit/Delete information on a public roster page, via control panel with PHP/SQL DB.

If anybody with knowledge could create this for me / share some information (Links, tips or tutorials) with me then I would be very grateful.

Thanks
-Moose

Last edited:
Associate
A simple Create, Retrieve Update and Delete could help you.

By simple I mean not overly simple :p Here's how I imagine it would work.

Staff Control Panel page.

Table drop down is a "retrieved" list of table names from your database
Row drop down is a count of the number of rows in your database and an option for "Add new"

When both table and row drop down selected run a query to retrieve that row (if it's not Add New). On the results of this, show an "update or delete" options. Both of them running a function to do said thing.

If Add New is the selected option from the row drop down, go to a page with fields to fill in, once submitted, send query to send that information to the database.

Do this tutorial

If you're really new, this won't be a simple 5-minute thing, there's a lot of learning to get down, but CRUD (create, retrieve, update, delete) is the core of what you need for this.

Once you get the basics down, you can focus on making it smoother or cooler, or easier for users with AJAX or something. For now, that's as simple as it can be, attack each thing one by one.

Associate
OP

How would I go about selecting which table (titan phoenix and basic) and row I want to edit/delete, from the drop down menus? I can't seem to find this anywhere and it's the only thing holding me back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Moose :D

Edit: Also what's a good up-to-date website that has tutorials and scripts for PHP? I'm looking for examples to help me along as I'm a n00b, I even have my login passwords stored in plain text (Realised from this, thanks visibleman). :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom