Wedding rings

Soldato
About to enter the potential minefield of buying a wedding ring and wondered if anyone knows of good highstreet stores or online places to buy from? I've done some research on diamonds so think I pretty much know the quality I want etc but is there anything else to consider? If how much I'm looking to spend plays any factor, I'm thinking around 2k as it looks like that's about average.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
haha, we've been married around 25 years but when we got married neither of us was ever fussed about rings and things like that so we just got a 20 quid one from Argos. She lost it a while ago and was really sad about it and I thought I'd surprise her out the blue with something a little more fancy this time around. :D

So, lucky for me I don't have to worry about anything other than just not getting ripped off too much.

If I walked in to a highstreet store and bought a ring, is the markup insane or will I get something reasonably priced and it's not all that bad?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ah fair enough, I bought her an engagement ring that was a couple of hundred - she usually wears that. I guess I'm just looking to buy her a nice ring really, to make up for her lost wedding ring but also be a nice daily driver for her.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think I should change this thread to 'where to buy a nice diamond ring' since I'm pretty clueless on engagement/wedding rings etc and ultimately it's just to get her a nice ring and surprise her but say it's to replace her lost wedding ring. :D

Back
Top Bottom