Wednesday Addams - Netflix Series

Soldato
Don
I think these days, most folk realise that Netflex are just shovelling as much crap out the door they can, so talk of multiple stars doing re-writes effectively won't be seen in the same way that Heigl was over multi award winning Grey's Anatomy.

Soldato
While I enjoyed the show a lot of the writing was so-so at best, Ortega was the major draw. She was hired to get into the characters head and play that role, which she did a stellar job of. The person who wrote that nypost article comes across as a salty hypocrite, calling others petulant after writing that foot stomping dross is next level.

Soldato
While I enjoyed the show a lot of the writing was so-so at best, Ortega was the major draw. She was hired to get into the characters head and play that role, which she did a stellar job of. The person who wrote that nypost article comes across as a salty hypocrite, calling others petulant after writing that foot stomping dross is next level.
Steven DeKnight went to town on her also.
(Daredevil)

Soldato
Steven DeKnight went to town on her also.
(Daredevil)

Too many sub par film makers with delusions of grandeur knocking around tbh.

Some of the greatest scenes and lines in history have been the result of actors improvising or being allowed creative licence, while shows/movies might be largely written by a team the actors themselves get into the heads of the characters and develop a feel for who they are. Rutger Hauer did exactly that with his tears in the rain monologue in Blade Runner, a scene which is almost universally critically acclaimed. There's countless other examples, I don't see professional bloggers going on rants about them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Steven DeKnight is bang on actually. He said she is allowed to have her say on set but shouldn't be airing disagreements with her coworkers in public and shaming them like this, it's really unprofessional.

Soldato
Steven DeKnight is bang on actually. He said she is allowed to have her say on set but shouldn't be airing disagreements with her coworkers in public and shaming them like this, it's really unprofessional.
Why not? Its the actor's that get lambasted if the content is poor. It's their face that get plastered in the memes.

Its their face all over the product.

They wanted a stooge. They got someone with talant that lifted the show to the next level.

Some of the things she saying sounds really bang on for a typical Netflix show.

You can bet your bottom dallar that writers/show runners will blacklist them in a heartbeat.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Regardless as to the wrongs or rights of Ortega what a load of spiteful nonsense - I can only assume it is written for a bitter and highly prejudiced audience (or to try and generate a reaction) - otherwise that writer has issues if they feel that threatened by her.

Trying to make a story where there isn't one.

I don't think Ortega was saying anything unusual. Most good actors ad-lib as they go. Perhaps she was making a mistake airing these comments, though, but then she is young.

I always remember a girl that I knew many years ago. She was an absolute stunner. really, in the top tiny percentage of the world, not just the UK. Men around her just turned in to total idiots. You were constantly aware that every man within 100 yards was absolutely focused on her. Most of the sensible men put the brakes on at 10 yards but there was a constant clutter of weirdos inside the 10 yards, who were stupid enopugh to think they had a chance, like flies buzzing around a particularly tasty cream bun. This was normality to her but I think it greatly and negatively affected her. I don't think she was in touch with reality any more. I kinda think it's probably the same for hollywood stars, expecially the young. They live in a very strange world and survival hinges around how they deal with the buzz.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I have mixed feelings on this as on the one hand it is highly unprofessional with what are often petty disputes, on the other hand it is sometimes used [weaponised] to try and silence people who are rightfully speaking out.

Soldato

I agree. Having said that, she is young and has been surrounded (lately) by people telling her how wonderful she is. Not really surprising that she would become a bit diva'ish.

Soldato

From the imagination of Tim Burton comes Wednesday Season 2, now in production with Jenna Ortega, Steve Buscemi, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzman, Joanna Lumley, Christopher Lloyd, Emma Myers, Joy Sunday, Hunter Doohan, Fred Armisen, Thandiwe Newton, Victor Dorobantu, Billie Piper, Haley Joel Osment, Heather Matarazzo, Georgie Farmer, Moosa Mostafa, Luyanda Unati Lewis-Nyawo, Isaac Ordonez, Evie Templeton, Owen Painter, Noah Taylor, Frances O'Connor, Joonas Suotamo, Jamie McShane and more.

Soldato
That's one hell of a cast!

Is it?!

Bolded the ones I've heard of...

Jenna Ortega, Steve Buscemi, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzman, Joanna Lumley, Christopher Lloyd, Emma Myers, Joy Sunday, Hunter Doohan, Fred Armisen, Thandiwe Newton, Victor Dorobantu, Billie Piper, Haley Joel Osment, Heather Matarazzo, Georgie Farmer, Moosa Mostafa, Luyanda Unati Lewis-Nyawo, Isaac Ordonez, Evie Templeton, Owen Painter, Noah Taylor, Frances O'Connor, Joonas Suotamo, Jamie McShane

Billie Piper, Thandie Newton.....hardly a draw.

Back
Top Bottom