Weird AIO Configuration for an HTPC Case Help

Associate
Hey, just made an account because you guys usually answer every question I have. I'm building a low profile build that would benefit greatly from watercooling rather than a SFF fan. Sticking point is that the only feasible way to fit a 240mm radiator would be to mount it horizontally on the side panel. Now I didn't think this would be so outlandish, but it appears an AIO has never been mounted horizontally unless it was on the top of the case, so I haven't found any info. I understand how an AIO works and how the air will naturally rise to the highest point. My question is, should I mount the radiator with the inlet or the outlet tube on top? Or should I bite the bullet and find a heavy duty 120mm radiator?

tl;dr Mounting a 240mm radiator on side panel horizontally, should inlet or outlet tube be on top or is this pointless to try.

Thanks!

case I'm using is a Sliger CL530 Conswole btw

Associate
OP
Top connection I would have the outlet from the cpu pushing water in to the top the radiator.
Ah thanks, do you think this orientation will cause any issues? Having the outlet on top is clever because then the air wouldn't enter the intake right?

Back
Top Bottom