weird oblivon problem

Soldato
Can anyone explain why this has happened?

When i go to the cloud ruler temple now all the doors are bricked up :confused: If I load up a previous save then the doors are fine, but thats about 10 hours old now so dont really want to be going back that far if it can be helped.
NPCs can walk freely into and out of the temple but i cant even though on the main quest im supposed to go and talk to martin about something.
Any suggestions??

Soldato
OP
Solved it by deleting my oblivion.ini file. Then loaded the save and doors where back. Then went inside the temple and saved it inside. Put my original .ini back on and all is ok, for now at least. Not quite sure why that work cos surely if it was the .ini file causing it it would have been like that with all my saves and not just my most recent, but oh well its sorted now :)

Yeah the armour is just glass with some magic glass boots that resist shock, and its just bad hair :p

Associate
Nice fix, I wonder how many other problems this could fix
I've got a quest problem with Vampirism Cure where Count Hassildor won't talk to me. I'm going to try your ini fix and see if it works. It's a long shot, but you never know :)
/crosses fingers.

Man of Honour
Looking at that pic again, all that has happened is that the engine has failed to render certain objects - specifically the doors. When you make a house/building in Oblivion, you shart with a blank building, which is just walls and roof. You then add door frames and windows, and finally you add doors. This is because doors are activators, whereas the rest of the house is made up of static objects. For some reason your game just failed to render some activators - were the banners missing as well?

M

Back
Top Bottom