WEIRD THINGS AFOOT

Associate
Guys < im having some really weird issues > firstly my keyboard thinks shift is always pressed < as you can see these are meant to be commers and full stops >

sticky keys isnt on and ive done a fresh windows install completely and tried " different keyboards

also my mouse wheel wont scroll on web pages and if i click a link on a page < itll take me to it < but i cant go back a page < the back button is grayed out >

i have no idea what else to try and im hoping one of you wonderful people can suggest anything < it was all working fine yesterday . iT does revert back to normal , as you can now see , im typing properly , bnut only if i unplug the keyboard and plug back in. I not aware of any changes i made to the system before this started happening . Ive also just noticed the message pop up when you hit shift 5 times asking if you want to turn sticky keys on ? , i didnt press shift either ????

Cheers Tony

Associate
OP
nope i plugged them in seperatly < its just started doing it again < reAlly annoying me now > ivE banged botH keyboardS to hopefully dislodge anything but i find it highely unlikely that boith started doing it the same time > this has to be a driver issue of some sort < but i have no idEa where to strt

Associate
Try using from a USB with Linux Live Disk (e.g. Ubuntu Live Disk) and see if the problem persists. If the problem is still there in the Linux Live environment, my guess would be that there's something physically wrong with the keyboard.

Another option is to try the same keyboard on another PC to see if keyboard shows same issues.

Associate
OP
Try using from a USB with Linux Live Disk (e.g. Ubuntu Live Disk) and see if the problem persists. If the problem is still there in the Linux Live environment, my guess would be that there's something physically wrong with the keyboard.

Another option is to try the same keyboard on another PC to see if keyboard shows same issues.

- Like i said above ive tried 2 different keyboards , both show the same issues.

Associate
OP
Ok , so i found out what was wrong lol , im such an idiot. I have a razor orbweaver , and it had been pushed to the back and shoved slightly under the case on my pc. The button thats bound to shift was being pushed down .

Well as always thanks for the input peeps.

What a dum dum lool.....

Back
Top Bottom