Weird vents problem

Soldato
I just noticed the cabin air speed settings aren't all working. it has 5 settings 0-4. 0-2 are all the same, nothing comes out. 3 then comes out with the force that setting 3 should do, setting 4 also works as it should.
Car is a 2001 Honda Accord. Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

Soldato
Psycrow said:
I just noticed the cabin air speed settings aren't all working. it has 5 settings 0-4. 0-2 are all the same, nothing comes out. 3 then comes out with the force that setting 3 should do, setting 4 also works as it should.
Car is a 2001 Honda Accord. Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

Cabin air speed ? you make it sound like an aircraft! Sounds like the resistor that controls the fan current has gone open circuit or (less likely) the switch has contact problems on the two lower speeds.

Soldato
Sounds like the resister pack problem to me, a fairly common problem and in part matches the symptoms you describe.

I've read loads of people on the Mondeo forums having this problem on older cars, and my partner's Corsa :)() recently developed similar problems which were also cured with a new resistor pack.

Associate
Sounds about right with the heater resistor pack, the one in my MGF went and i only had 3 and 4 (one of the 3 "resistors" were broken), pulled out the pack and found out the values for the silly wound wire resistors they used and replaced them all with proper ceramic resistors of similar values and now all speeds work and it will last longer than the manufacturers version..plus it only cost £2.50 inc postage for the resistors :D

NS

Soldato
OP
NightShadow said:
Sounds about right with the heater resistor pack, the one in my MGF went and i only had 3 and 4 (one of the 3 "resistors" were broken), pulled out the pack and found out the values for the silly wound wire resistors they used and replaced them all with proper ceramic resistors of similar values and now all speeds work and it will last longer than the manufacturers version..plus it only cost £2.50 inc postage for the resistors :D

NS
Sounds like a plan, will look into it and probably do the same.

Soldato
on the golf it is actually part of the swtich (ie the switch with the 4 settings).

try and remove it and see if there are resistors behind it

Associate
on the MGF they are in the passenger footwell in the side of the actual heater blower thingy (getting technical here!). Had to remove the glovebox and various other bits to get there but was well worth it for the satisfaction afterwards. Maybe try a Honda messageboard and do a search to see if anyone else has done it? failing that would a Haynes manual have it in there?

NS

Back
Top Bottom