• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Caporegime
Well so far story wise it is interesting; and carries on 2 years after Human Revolution. One thing I missed from the first was the Yellow and Black theme for lines and interactivity. Here it has a thin little white line, that highlight just about everything. Gets rather annoying, but can be turned off.

Performance isn't great at high res if you so much as touch Tessellation, MSAA, Hard Contact Shadows, and anything related to Ultra; and the game does have a nasty bit of input lag.

Other than that, it looks decent and is fun. Just run it at around High settings and you'll get over 60fps on average, but do expect some dips into the 40s on occasion.

It is worth it. Good story so far and gameplay itself works. Also game does run pretty well despite all the salty comments based on benchmark. Then again this is graphics forum so it's natural most comments are biased towards performance and looks instead of gameplay.

Cheers guys. Will grab it Sunday and give it a play then :)

Permabanned
I also put my sensitivity at 13%.

There is DEFINITELY input lag. I'm playing @1440p 45-60fps very high settings with Gsync ON & Vsync ON in NVCP @ very high settings on 2 x 1070 in SLI.

The input lag was too much @ 4k with 30-40fps.

Overall, the performance is sluggish if you don't play in exclusive full-screen, at least on my system.

I ended up putting mine down to 6% to get as close to usable as I could.

I had vsync off as that usually induces input lag.

I'll try the exclusive full screen mode and see if that's any better.

Soldato
I ended up putting mine down to 6% to get as close to usable as I could.

I had vsync off as that usually induces input lag.

I'll try the exclusive full screen mode and see if that's any better.

I found 6% and Exclusive Fullscreen to help; but not too much sadly.. I really don't understand why they call it that, it's just normal fullscreen; while "fullscreen" in the game is Borderless Windowed.

Also why is the sensitivity bar so finicky? 6%-13% It really doesn't want to getting in between that while using the ingame slider.

Soldato
I found 6% and Exclusive Fullscreen to help; but not too much sadly.. I really don't understand why they call it that, it's just normal fullscreen; while "fullscreen" in the game is Borderless Windowed.

Also why is the sensitivity bar so finicky? 6%-13% It really doesn't want to getting in between that while using the ingame slider.

I don't know if I am just weird but my sensitivity is at 0% and with my mouse on 750dpi I still feel it being too sensitive.

Soldato
I don't know if I am just weird but my sensitivity is at 0% and with my mouse on 750dpi I still feel it being too sensitive.

I might try 0% as well, as 6% still makes it annoying to place decent shots on targets.

There really feels to be some nasty mouse acceleration along with the input lag. I hope it gets addressed.

As while FreeSync and GSync can help with the performance, the other two things really mess up what is a fun game.

Associate
Is the game worth a buy chaps? Not looked into it and not really playing much at all at the mo in this very hot weather but will grab it if it is worth a play. Ta :)

I'm loving it, got about 18 hours played on it now. Love the politics and distopian society.

Also had a choice in a story mission, which whilst I was emotionally damned, I felt righteous in my decision.. greater good and all that :D

Associate
I'm not buying a lot of games lately due to having a steam library of unplayed games! And why play anything other than Devil Daggers ;) I'll wait until its £5 and play it on my 30" 4K 120Hz IPS monitor, from my playboy mansion, on the moon, if they let me have 5 minutes of alone time away from the endless orgies.

Associate
You can get it as low as £16 now from key sites, so maybe worth a buy? Cant see it being that price on Steam for a long time.

I'd say so :) I've even skim reading emails on hacked PCs - I normally just fast forward through stuff like that.. just find the world so interesting.

Soldato
I fired it up last night with a 290 left graphics settings alone as I expected it to run like a dog after reading reviews.

Fast fluid no issues.

Not enjoying it very much so far but in terms of performance with out of the box settings at 2560x1440 on a 290 I am clearly going to be able to crank up some settings beyond high.

Reviews I read mislead me to think I was almost certianly going to have issues. Proved not to be the case.

Soldato
I fired it up last night with a 290 left graphics settings alone as I expected it to run like a dog after reading reviews.

Fast fluid no issues.

Not enjoying it very much so far but in terms of performance with out of the box settings at 2560x1440 on a 290 I am clearly going to be able to crank up some settings beyond high.

Reviews I read mislead me to think I was almost certianly going to have issues. Proved not to be the case.

What do you consider fluid? I get 40-55fps at high settings with my system; with dips into the 30's in crowded/intense areas.

I have parts where it might spike into the 70's, but that's when there's barely anything to look in an area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom