Well, that's EVGA off the list

You don't happen to know the warranty procedure for the Seasonic units do you?
not sure of exact process but
'
Thank you for your email.
For end users, we have a RMA Center in UK where they will have to send their PSU. For companies, it's the RMA Center located in Germany which is in charge.
If you have any other question, please kindly let me know.

'

Doesn't Intel do the same thing by sending out 'engineering samples'

Not exactly - "engineering samples" are usually pre-production samples used e.g. by motherboard manufacturers for testing and validation purposes - whilst functionally they are normally the same as the finished product (same number of cores, clock speed etc), they are normally from test batches, rather than the final production run.

Review samples, as far as I am aware (or at least recently) are normally done with retail chips (although still perhaps "cherry picked" chips for a press kit)

What I've experienced of EVGA's customer service is excellent. Better than Asus, Gigabyte and MSI, who I've also dealt with.

As such, I'd have no problem buying one of their PSUs regardless, as their warranty is what counts.

What I've experienced of EVGA's customer service is excellent. Better than Asus, Gigabyte and MSI, who I've also dealt with.

As such, I'd have no problem buying one of their PSUs regardless, as their warranty is what counts.

Mine had it extended to 10 years if you registered it before the end of the offer date. 8 left so far.

From our perspective, we've recently found EVGA considerably more difficult to work with. Whilst we will continue to stock their products (not the full range either), my advice would be to go ahead and look at Super Flower and Seasonic equivalents in future. The Focus Plus in particular is a no brainer. They are for the most part cheaper than EVGA equivalents, have the same or better warranty (10 years) and have reviewed extremely well. We will be carrying significantly more stock of Seasonic moving forward too to reinforce the message.

Hmm, who made the EVGA 1200 P2?

Oh... “The latest addition to their arsenal is the SuperNOVA P2-1200 unit. It uses exactly the same platform as the Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1200 W unit we reviewed a while ago, which impressed us with its performance.”

So the 1600 T2 is the same?
“EVGA's flagship PSU is the SuperNova 1600 T2, a re-badged Super Flower Leadex unit with the 80 PLUS Titanium certification. Meeting this certification's specifications is very difficult, which is also the reason for so very few Titanium PSUs. Without very many competitors in its field, EVGA's only competitor is Corsair's AX1500i.”

The EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 series are all based on the relevant Superflower Leadex platforms. The problem comes with the EVGA B3 which is supposed to be another Superflower unit but turned out that the retail sample was built by a lesser OEM which you have to wonder if any other models are affected.

The EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 series are all based on the relevant Superflower Leadex platforms. The problem comes with the EVGA B3 which is supposed to be another Superflower unit but turned out that the retail sample was built by a lesser OEM which you have to wonder if any other models are affected.

Doesn’t sound too good, especially now Chugnorris has shown Ocuks position by advising to look at other units

The Super Flower built EVGA units are fine. The issue is, how do we know for sure if Super Flower are directly building all the units or if they are being managed by a 3rd party factory. At least we know for sure the Super Flower branded units are because they are contractually obliged to ensure they are.

You don't happen to know the warranty procedure for the Seasonic units do you?

I did an RMA on 2 Seasonics a couple of months ago, if you search you will find my thread. But no problem with RMA, they even upgraded one of my PSU's for free, better still they let me return the PSU's without cables but returned new boxed PSU's with new cables again. So my RMA got me 2 sets of free cables, and a free upgrade from a P660 to P760.

Also in case anyone is wondering, my 2 Seasonics failed on a cold start boot issue where PSU's would simply not start, so nothing dramatic but still annoying, I do have plenty other Seasonics oldest is a X650 from 2009 with interstellar miles still in use.

Last edited:
It appears that they've been caught sampling PSUs to reviewers which were not the same as retail PSUs. Which means that all the reviews for all their PSUs will have to be checked for being review samples or not, and frankly I've not got the energy to do it. It's just easier to assume that they're all suspect and there are plenty of other suppliers anyway.

Which begs the question: what about their other products, like graphics cards?

They already had the no thermal pad issue on the 10 series cards.

I can recommend the new Seasonic Focus+ golds.

They seems good, exactly like my 10 year old Enermax PSU for noise and stability.

You dont hear much about Enermaxes but..

Im impressed with them, my Enermax power supply one ran for 10 years everyday (it still works) and looks brand new with only minor dust in it.
The noise level of the Enermax was with its fan ON was equivalent to the Seasonic Focus plus+ in passive mode.

Its only gone in to retirement cos it wasnt modular and I wanted to cleaner look. Rest my friend rest.

I can recommend the new Seasonic Focus+ golds.

They seems good, exactly like my 10 year old Enermax PSU for noise and stability.

You dont hear much about Enermaxes but..

Im impressed with them, my Enermax power supply one ran for 10 years everyday (it still works) and looks brand new with only minor dust in it.
The noise level of the Enermax was with its fan ON was equivalent to the Seasonic Focus plus+ in passive mode.

Its only gone in to retirement cos it wasnt modular and I wanted to cleaner look. Rest my friend rest.

Aye, the Enermax Liberty 650w? Has been good to me. It is modular. It is over 10 years old not sure how long exactly. May have been 2006, think it was from the Athlon 64 days. It is quiet. I dust it out from time to time as it is protected with the case dust cover below the case.

This thread is an interesting read.

I have been looking to replace my PSU for some time and all but settled on the 650w Supernova G2 - the Seasonic units have really piqued my interest now though, noticed the 550w Focus Plus Platinum is on TOW for £89.99 and I'm very tempted.

Not sure that 550w is quite enough for my system though? Most places seem to recommend a minimum of 650w for the 780Ti...

Back
Top Bottom