Well well well.. What have we got here?

Associate
Ied, I got a full akra on my 08, for what it's worth. Sounded a bit better... was a right pain with the lambda though! Dealer/everywhere saying "oh no, closed loop, nowhere for sensor" etc.

Am suspecting there's no longer a problem fitting full systems to these, 2 years later!

Soldato
Did you fit the exhaust yourself Dogbreath? Is it just a matter of hacksawing the old one off near the weld, unbolting it and slipping the new one on?

Yes, that's pretty much all there is to it. The "pipe" you cut through is not just a straightforward stainless pipe though, it's part of the silencing and has an inner perforated pipe and a thin layer of wadding between. I'll take a photo of the end of my original silencer later to show you what I mean. This means it takes a while to work through the pipe with a hacksaw, but it's not difficult to do. I actually used an air hacksaw, but most people use a hand saw.

You need to cut the pipe at the correct distance from the weld else nothing will line up properly - I think it's 55mm back from the weld but please check this!

You can still refit the original exhaust if you need to by buying a special joining sleeve. They cost about a tenner and are available on eBay etc.

Soldato
Get some brake cleaner and spray the carbs too Hell :p
Mines got glogged Pins or something, cant even apply any throttle before it cuts out, got them waiting in the garage, reminds me I need to buy some more cleaner so I can sort it in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom