Wet storage heating energy issue

Associate
Family member has wet storage heating, timed for her economy 10 meter. Currently using nearly 1800kwh off peak per quarter. The issue is the supplier she uses is increasing their fixed rated economy 10 tarrifs where the offpeak and onpeak are both around 19p per kwh with 30p daily standing charge.

The bills are expected to be huge and for a pensioner on her own it's completely ridiculous (shes not eligible for any funding or grants). I have no idea how wet storage heaters are timed off the meter I know there are 2 meters of some sort. Anyone have a similar setup and got any advice, as far as I'm aware hardly anyone does complex tarrifs anymore.

Man of Honour
You should use a comparison site to compare tarrifs but complex tarrifs i believe have been banned by ofgem.

2 meters one for off peak such for night when the storage heaters are charged and the other for peak times.

Get advice.

Soldato
You should use a comparison site to compare tarrifs but complex tarrifs i believe have been banned by ofgem.

2 meters one for off peak such for night when the storage heaters are charged and the other for peak times.

Get advice.

No provider will install a two meter system now, Smart meters can have load switching enabled to turn on the off peak circuit at the correct times.

As for the tariff very few providers offer eco10 products any more or have priced them so wildly most people will want shot of them, talk to your provider and get quotes from others to see about a better tariff but you MUST explicitly tell them you have storage heaters

Soldato
Eco10 offers a daytime (afternoon) boot to the off peak circuit usually just to the heating/hotwater, eco7 will only offer a night time rate

Back
Top Bottom