What 50" TV would you buy for £600

Soldato
TV needs replacing and they've asked me what to go for but I'm not really up on TV's. Its for a living room so just day to day TV / streaming and movies, its quite a bright room and it goes in a corner so wider viewing angles would probably be better. Saying that backlight bleed on my LG IPS monitor is terrible so hopefully IPS TV's aren't as bad.

Max size they can fit is 50", ideally it would have 4 HMDI connections and Dolby Vision would be a bonus for Disney+ etc.

Originally I was going to suggest either the Samsung QE50Q60T £599 or the LG 49NANO866NA for £579 although the LG seems to be out of stock everywhere at the min. But then looking at rtings neither of those are rated all that highly so maybe they aren't worth the extra over the next models down.

Anything that particularly stands out at this price range or all they all just mediocre.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So after looking at TV reviews all day I've come to conclusion that TV's are just **** now, so many problems with different models and screen types.

The LGNANO86 is awful on dark scenes, the Samsung Q60T isn't much brighter than the 8500 and has a stuttering issue. Not sure if the 8500 has that as well but both models have terrible viewing angles, why on earth is it so hard to buy a budget to midrange tv that works now?

Tempted to just go for the cheaper Samsung TU8500 or even the Phillips Ambilight as at least that can add something to the experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Samsung tu8000

Rtings has all the info you need

Why not the TU8500, that has the same Dual LED tech as the Q60T doesn't it but the colours aren't as good. Rtings don't review models outside the US so info from them on it, plus they find major flaws in everything apart from the top end stuff so it gets annoying to read. Midrange choice just seems **** right now.

Soldato
OP
So you can spend £350 or go up to £800 minimum for a TV that still has issues. Brilliant :p

You used to able to get something decent in-between, guess that isn't the case anymore.

Back
Top Bottom